Fantasy World Cup

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy World Cup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Just a reminder - you only have 3 days left now to pick your teams for either of these games. Make sure you don't forget if you haven't done so already :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Cyphon88
Im doing the guardian one too with my dad.

It's pretty easy though, so we're having to make house rules, like 2 africans in the first 11 and one from Asia. Something like that, we haven't decided yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:15 am

Isileth
Still need to do mine, sure ill be motivated when there is just 25mins till the deadline :p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Isileth
Bleh well I finally finished one team and got started work on the second, when what do I read in the paper today that already one of my guys is injured.

Need to sort both my teams out today then. A reminder to everyone else that hasnt done it yet as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
The Group Stages are now over. Now is the time to amend your teams if you want to ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 am

Anubis
Site Admin
With the tournament now over, both of our Fantasy World Cup games have their final results. Since we don't have standings on here as we do for the predictions game, I will post a screenshot of the final league standings in both games. I have blanked out names incase people don't want them posting on the forum for the world to see!

FSPORTS

As we can see, the winner of this game was Anubis by 20 points.

ESPN

As shown, the winner of this game was Mechanus by 19 points.

Congratulations to both our winners, and thanks to everyone else for taking part in these games too :) They have been a lot of fun, and whilst the FSports was clearly the superior league and thus the most meaningful result ( :p ) playing both has certainly added to at least my own enjoyment of the tournament as a whole. I hope others feel the same :)

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”