2010/2011 English Fantasy Premier League

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

2010/2011 English Fantasy Premier League

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Whizbang
Today begins the new season for the EFPL. Time to set up your squads and prepare for the next season. I'm sure we'll see another season of spirited competition with all the banter, wit, and taunting as was seen in the previous ones. So get out there, build your squad, and let's have some fun.

In other words, all talk about the EFPL should go in this thread. :thumb:

Oh, and Anubis...don't forget to make a league.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: 2010/2011 English Fantasy Premier League

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Bah, you beat me to this :p

I'll create a league for us, and my team, tomorrow :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Isileth
Well I did just to a rough team but it didnt save so I will try again tomorrow.

Besides I think its very very early to be forming a team. Dont think any Premier sides have really made any transfers yet, should be a nice flurry now the World Cup is over.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Whizbang
Doesn't mean you can't build and alter up to gameday. :p

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:13 am

Cyphon88
Count me in for this. Might have a few people out of the game that might be interested, any problems with that?

edit: made my team, the sheffield squatters are just waiting for the league to up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:Count me in for this. Might have a few people out of the game that might be interested, any problems with that?
Nope - the more the merrier. Whilst last season was a lot of fun, only have 4 teams participate was a bit of a letdown. Anyone who wants to join and improve that number would be more than welcome :)

I'll be making the league later today, and will post again when I've done so.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Our league has been setup. If you were a member last season and renewed your account, you will have been automatically added to the league. If you were not a member last season, or created a new account entirely, you need to do the following:

Go to your Manage Leagues panel, into the Create/Join section, and there you'll be able to enter our join code to get into the League. That code is 62460-20759

On a final note, as I mentioned in IRC earlier I am finding it incredibly hard to put together a team this year. Prices have shot way up :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Cyphon88
Anyone changing their team much due to the Charity Shield match?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
May swap the United player I have selected, but I'm not sure yet. Need to think about it :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:29 am

Cyphon88
Bloody Nasri is out for a month.

Well that's my first transfer used up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Same, thanks to Cole proving himself to be a wild hooligan in need of a thrashing for ruining my squad.

To be fair though, everyone was dreadul last weekend. It was only Malouda that pulled me up from 20 points.

Looking at the league table right now is depressing :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:51 am

Cyphon88
Bah Rodegla or however you spell his name as devalued now aswell, so despite my 2 million spare, I can only replace him with an 8 mil player. He's blatantly not going to score this weekend either. What a tool.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Look who deposed Isi from second place. It has been a good week :p

Aside from in I Know The Score where it's been an absolute disaster as is becoming the norm...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Whizbang
A bit interesting in that I am excelling in IKTS while I'm still trying to gather my squad together for a solid point producer in FPL. Hoping to see the squad come into its own now and give me big points to head towards the top. Jumping two spots this weekend did help me. :)

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Cyphon88
This weekend messed up quite a few people in the FPL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:42 am

Cyphon88
Sheffield Squatters
Dan PricePoints / Rankings
Points (Rank)
Overall: 217 (252,192)
September: 71 (4,961)

Total players: 2,128,481

BOO YEAH! (I do realise that Anu is still above me, but either way, =) )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
[20:37] <SSX-Anubis> +60 so far this week in Predictions
[20:37] <SSX-Anubis> excellent
[20:38] <SSX-Anubis> and 66 points in FPL
[20:38] <SSX-Anubis> I am greatly pleased
[20:39] <SSX-Anubis> 50 points ahead of Isi already too :p
[20:39] <SSX-Anubis> The title is coming home!

That is all ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:50 am

Cyphon88
For your sin of pride, you have been punished.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ter-united

Let this be a lesson to all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Whizbang
Cyphon88 wrote:For your sin of pride, you have been punished.

Except that Anubis and I were talking about this yesterday and he isn't much concerned about Rooney leaving. Hell, Anubis said that he wouldn't mind IF Rooney left after seeing what he was asking in weekly wages.

As for FPL, did better this week than I did last few weeks. Although not happy about some of the match results for IKTS. Granted, I love the competition of the league this season and that many of the usual suspects are not playing like you would think they are. Still not happy about the results though.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:
Cyphon88 wrote:For your sin of pride, you have been punished.

Except that Anubis and I were talking about this yesterday and he isn't much concerned about Rooney leaving. Hell, Anubis said that he wouldn't mind IF Rooney left after seeing what he was asking in weekly wages.
Yep, exactly right. No player is worth 11160k a week, no matter who they are. If Rooney is indeed offering a "pay me that or I'll go" line, then I say we should let him go. Berbatov and Hernandez are more than good enough to step up, and I believe that Real Madrid are offering a Benzema plus cash swap deal - if so, we should definately take them up on that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Despite still being top of the league, Tevez's injury and likely absence for the next 3 games has led to me playing my Wildcard this week, to try and let me balance my team away from 3 players basically rescusing me every week - as has happened for the past few weeks.

I've made 8 changes in all, and I think I have a much stronger squad as a result (with some money left over to let me buy back Tevez at a later date). Will be interesting to see how this new team performs this weekend :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Reaps
whos who? I'm Jason Scheiner btw. joining next round.
Still here

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm the one being awesome, top of the table, and on the way to the title ;)

And great to have you onboard Reaps :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Whizbang
I'm Ian Rush of the Anfield Faithful. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
May be worth my reminding everyone that this season we all have a second transfer wildcard, which is only usable during the January transfer window and a week or so beyond (i.e. the next 3/4 weeks).

I used mine this week to make some needed reforms to my squad, and it might be worth everyone else doing the same before the chance slips you by :)

Also, I think "most concurrent weeks heading the table" is an award that needs dishing out this season. It's possibly more important than who actually wins the league, and would this season go to a truly deserving individual. I know you will all support my generous and community-minded call in this regard.

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”