2010/11 FPL Prediction Game

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

2010/11 FPL Prediction Game

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It looks like this year the Fantasy Premier League game is expanding somewhat into a Predictions Game too this season. Having had a read of the rules, myself and Isi were wondering whether we might want to get involved, since it uses the same login as we use for the FPL itself.

You can find information about it here: http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/help/index.htm

Have a read, and post your thoughts. If we can get four or more of us willing to play, we should jump in and have a go and I'll set us up a league :) We have ten people in our FPL League, so if we can get most of those to play Predictions too it'd be ideal really :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: 2010/11 FPL Prediction Game

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Whizbang
I think it's a good idea as it just adds that little bit extra to the week's matches and gives us something more to brag about. It also gives a bit of insight to who is purely lucky in their guesses and who might have a better idea of how matches are going to go and have a statistical edge.

Besides, I've already put in my week's predictions. :lol:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Cyphon88
Looks good to me.

Most of the league are now people I know IRL, so I'll mention it to them when i see them. Don't hold your breath though!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ok, since I know Isi is interested (and thus we'll have at least 4 players), I've created a league for us. To join, use the mini-league code "FA76F-PKJ".

This may or may not work out as well as the FPL did, but fingers crossed. We shall see how it goes :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Well, the season is now over and the final results are in. Congrats to patrick4412 for taking the league title (though forgive me, I can't recall what your forum name is - post and enlighten me and I'll edit).

I personally found this game a lot harder than the standard FPL game, as it's mostly just a guessing game. With that in mind, I'm quite happy with my third place finish - but congrats particularly to both Isi and patrick who seem to have excelled at it. Clearly a firm head for realistic predictions on both of you!

The final table follows:

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”