Couple of changes/updates to mods ingame & on the forums

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Couple of changes/updates to mods ingame & on the forums

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:48 pm

M.Steiner
First things first..
Since Ava hasn't logged in for such a long time (2 months actually) I'm going to put him back down to member rank. I am still hoping he will pick the game back up again at some point, especially since I bought his copy and was expecting to have him as part of our team :p, but I want to keep to what I originally said. Which is that in the past we got a little too comfortable with our mods and at times kept people in those positions either for the sake of it, because of who they were or to avoid upsetting anyone by a demotion incase they took it personally. In his place I would like to propose that Andy becomes a mod ingame too, if you would like to accept that is!

Also now that we have settled into the game I think it'd be a good idea to set some forum moderators up as well. We may need them more as we get bigger than we do currently ofc but I'm thinking it'll be good to help make people feel more involved & share responsibilities out etc. I may be in the GM spot and be helping to try drive us forward as a guild but at the end of the day we're a team :thumb:
So for this reason I thought that instead of having the same people become forum mods who are already mods for us ingame we could widen it somewhat by having a seperate group of members for the forum. These guys can help out with any posts that need moving/editing should there be a need, updating stickies, looking out for potential recruit posts and working with the ingame mods. Also if any of our mods (both ingame & forum) would like to be able to utilize both our group site and main site by posting news every now and then we can probably sort that out too, though we wouldn't need too many volunteers. Anyway, for TOR forum moderators I'd like to propose: Eeks, Chaos, Chim & Cyma.

Thoughts? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Couple of changes/updates to mods ingame & on the forums

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Ash
Sounds good to me, if the involved parties agree.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Whizbang
Looks good to me. Give them more work, I say. Make them feel the woes of being in positions of responsibility! :lol:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Chaos
Looks good to me. I'm up for whatever i can do to help.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 am

SSX-Andy
Looks good to me too. More slaves doing the grunt work is always nice. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Sounds good :)

I'll set up a moderator group for the forum later and assign appropriate permissions.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Group should now be setup :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Chimera
Sounds bueno.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 pm

M.Steiner
Sticking with my aim of only having active & participating moderators I think it's time for another shift around ingame.

1. Anny - Still has a sub but doesn't play unless it's for a guild run or whatever. Was last online 22 days ago.
2. Mech - Has still been playing but didn't plan on renewing his sub when it expires, timezones & playtimes being an issue for him too. (Correct me if this is no longer the case)
3. Zeph - Guessing he has either been extremely busy or has left us but according to the roster he was last online 70 days ago which speaks for itself heh.

Andy hasn't been seen in 43 days either but I think I'm going to leave him as a mod for the time being seen as how I only made that change at the very end of Feb.
Soo when it comes down to it the only really active mod I can rely on atm is Ash, other than myself. Something I wanted to avoid.

We're not as active as we once were and may not need a full team of active mods all the time but I'd still prefer we didn't fall into the same trap as we have done in the past. I've been slack on this rotating recently which is nobody's fault but my own but I realised this more a couple of weeks ago and think now is probably a good time - When I was really busy one weekend and posted to ask for the assistance of another moderator with something, Ash was busy too that week but received no replies or offers from anyone else to login and quickly deal with it for me, which ideally should have been an easy thing to ask of another mod and was infact the only time I have ever specifically asked like that. In reality? Came down to me.
Another example was not long before that when I was trying my best to talk with 2 interested recruits at the same time as each other whilst trying to give equal attention to both without coming across as ignorant because there was no other mod around to help out.

Not many instances like that but I'd rather each and every one of the mods was active and could be replied upon rather than just 2 of us as to hopefully help avoid stuff like that in the future, be more of a team.
So yeah, my fault for not rotating sooner :)

Anyway the new proposed moderators to replace the above 3 would be: Eeks, NF & Syn'n (and Ash & myself who will remain). All of which still play on a regular basis and I see several times during the week.
Will make the changes this week if nobody is against :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Zephir
M.Steiner wrote:
3. Zeph - Guessing he has either been extremely busy or has left us but according to the roster he was last online 70 days ago which speaks for itself heh.
Still around, been extremely busy, finally got around to playing Skyrim, still have ME 3 to play, never enough time :shake:

Also kind of needed a break after palying SWToR for months in beta then through release, but I will be back soon :)

Zeph.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Syn'n
I'm fine with that, if the rest of you are. I'll be back in game on more regular basis after the patch tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:33 pm

SSX-Andy
M.Steiner wrote:
Andy hasn't been seen in 43 days either but I think I'm going to leave him as a mod for the time being seen as how I only made that change at the very end of Feb.
Soo when it comes down to it the only really active mod I can rely on atm is Ash, other than myself. Something I wanted to avoid.
Unfortunately think it will take time before I'm seen in game, so someone else should probably be mod instead of me. Just haven't felt any joy playing lately. Hopefully it will change, but probably not before the vacation in summer.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 am

Ash
Sounds like a plan.

Busy weekend back on tomorrow i hope.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:12 pm

NF
Arbiter
All looks fine and dandy to me :)
NF

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:10 pm

M.Steiner
Changes should be in effect now.
Eeks, NF & Syn'n are now moderators so you guys are free to invite peoples alts, help handle recruitment etc etc. ;)

Also as per your reply, Andy, I've put you back down to member for the time being. Since Anny created his alt yesterday I decided to leave him as a mod instead. He'll only be playing very casually I think but should certainly be on a lot than he was during his break. Plus it doesn't hurt to have an extra pair of hands! :)

Hopefully that should help and people aren't waiting around if something needs doing.
If any of you are unsure about anything just ask :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Also as per your reply, Andy, I've put you back down to member for the time being. Since Anny created his alt yesterday I decided to leave him as a mod instead. He'll only be playing very casually I think but should certainly be on a lot than he was during his break. Plus it doesn't hurt to have an extra pair of hands! :)
Yeah, it will only be casually.

To be honest I think it made sense to remove me, as you're right that I haven't been around and therefore can't really justify the tag. I am happy to stay in the position if you'd like me to though, just as long as it's understood that I am here casually for now :)

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”