Still playing? left us? What are your plans?

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Still playing? left us? What are your plans?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:12 pm

M.Steiner
Just curious as to who here still has a subscription and is somewhat active? and what peoples plans are?

Just looking through our memberlist and there's a big chunk of people who I haven't seen in quite a long time now but as the ingame list doesn't say when we were all "last online" there are some whom I'm unsure as to whether they have unsubbed without saying, are still subbed but login very, very rarely, or have just been logging in at times when I've not been around.

Covering the last few weeks I have seen (off the top of my head so apologies if I have missed anyone): Ash, Lee, Syn'n, Evelynn, NF, Gypsy, suggz and our new members Apolonia, Vashnaa & Tramte. So I'll take you guys as read. I also know that Anny has a sub, he's just only been on a handful of times in the last three months.
So counting everyone above there's still quite a few missing, yet the only person who has said anything about unsubbing is Mech last month. Not that I expected people to announce their departure all over the forums or anything but it's nice to know when someone won't be playing with us anymore rather than just disappearing without a word heh. So!. what about everyone else? Left the game? Still playing but just been busy or can't play much? Been online when I haven't? Going to continue subbing or thinking of unsubbing?
Just wondering :)

As for me?. I took out a 6 month recurring sub when the game released since as a founding gm/mod of the group I had longterm playing and goals in mind, so my sub won't be expiring anytime soon.
I plan on playing Guild Wars 2 upon its release this year but my original idea was to play this casually on the side since it won't require a subscription, whilst still remaining active in TOR. I did not want to abandon one group and my responsibilities that go with it to go help start another as we'd never get anywhere if all of our mods did that. Most people can do this guilt free but as someone who has tried to build this new group of ours it's not something I liked the idea of and wouldn't have been an easy decision for me to make. However, since the overall population and activity of the game community has been dropping so much and our group, which was the only reason which got me interested in TOR in the first place has been far less active too, I think I'll have to reconsider when that time comes. As I say, I don't like the idea of abandoning one of our groups and then playing another MMO but at the same time I wouldn't like the idea of sticking around through guilt just to be left as the last man standing whilst others continue to drop off around me without a worry heh :)

The deciding factor for me will mainly be down to how many of us are still actively playing. I've already got 2 level 50 war hero characters, both of which have the rank 65 landspeeder which is no longer obtainable and one of which is already kitted out in fully augmented gear with battlemaster/war hero mods. I may make an Inquisitor and/or Bounty Hunter at some point for their class buffs or check some of the Republic story out as I have only ever played Empire since release but I have never been one for making alt after alt in games or playing on other servers but the one our guild resides on tbh. I prefer to focus on just a couple and with the 2 characters I have, other than continuing to get my war hero gear I've done pretty much everything I can and want to do outside of group play. This is not surprising consider I've played on a daily basis pretty much since early access give or take a day or two. Our group and the peeps playing are the main reason that has kept me playing really as well as having the recent event sprung on us which was great fun and gave us all something else to do together.
The other decider would then be down to what content BioWare has implemented between now and then as to whether there'd be anything else new or exciting for me to aim towards...

So yeah.. those are my plans but there's still a few months before I'll have to decide anything. August to be precise as we got 30 free days too. I'd like to think that group and game pop will have picked up between now and then and that BioWare will have added lots of juicy new content to get stuck into too but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
How about everyone else? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Still playing? left us? What are your plans?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Syn'n
I'm still around and plan on still being an active player. Recently though, I've been looking for work. After over a year without a job, I've kicked the looking part into overdrive. Hopefully I'll have something next week and once that is confirmed, I'll be spending more time in game as I have 2 other toons to get to 50 to go with Syn'n. Also, the main guild list does say when the last time someone logged on was, only it gives days and not a date. That is located under the Member Notes drop down.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:52 pm

M.Steiner
Ohh so it does :lol:
Has this always been ingame or is it new?. Can't believe I've only just found it. Ta for pointing it out lol :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Syn'n
That's been in since the game has gone live as far as I know. Not sure about the beta stages as I was never in a guild during that.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Chimera
Yeah so.

I stopped playing on Bloodworthy just because the time difference was getting difficult for me to deal with. My wife got hooked on to it with a few of her friends, so I started playing on their state-side server. Unfortunately, this server (Bondar Crystal) has a much lower population than Bloodworthy. By the time my wife and I got to 50, her friends had bailed SWTOR for Tera and we're left on a dead server with 3 people (including us) still in the guild.

I won't rehash the already explosive internet debates that are raging as to why the game is dying (or not), and what features they (the developers) foolishly neglected to include (or didn't). All I'll say is that the state of this game as it is, except for a few servers, not a Massively Multiplayer Online experience. I may go back to Jedi Covenant which has a better population base but that depends on if the wife even wants to bother playing anymore.

Will SWTOR get better? Yes, absolutely. But there's plenty of other things on the horizon (Tera, GW2, Diablo 3, Elder Scrolls MMO, and whatever evil Blizzard is currently working on) and other games still going besides.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I still have an active sub as MS said, but realistically it's only in place at present so that I can participate in guild events/runs if you guys want me. In fact I was going to make a post later on today about whether we have any scheduled for the near future beyond the tournament.

I have always had the plan to roll other classes and do other class stories, and I still kind of want to do that (I didn't when I first capped my Inquisitor as I didn't want to be doing the same planets again so soon), but other things keep getting in the way. First it was the SP games I had waiting (and SP games are still making up a lot of my gaming time), then stuff like MLG/Dreamhack got in the way when I was planning to roll an alt, and now I've been accepted into the Firefall beta - and honestly, that is at present a lot more appealing to me than rolling an alt in TOR. Having an awful lot of fun in that game. What this means is that I'm still, and am likely to be for the forseeable future, not focusing on TOR pretty much at all.

Will that change and will I roll my alt any time soon? Not really sure to be honest - I don't have a firm timetable in mind right now is all I can say. The one thing that would be likely to draw me back quicker would be new story content for my Inquisitor, as I wasn't too enamoured with the ending for the class story, but I don't believe that will be coming any time soon. That aside, I think the likelihood of my turning my attention to an alt really depends on how I feel after I complete each game I play (and if I get tired of Firefall).

To be clear, my status has nothing to do with the many criticisms of the game that are making their way around the internet. Whilst I have the view that a lot of them have merit, I was very happy with what I was able to do with the game - basically play it as an SP RPG with an SSX chat interface. That's pretty much all I wanted, and it suited me fine. It's literally just that there are other things which are more appealing to me right now that I want to spend my gaming time on :)

Also, I definately still intend to come to the tournament later this month, and will always make myself available for guild runs/activities whenever possible whilst I am still subbed. All I mean is I won't be around seriously playing for the near future.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:31 am

enlightened
Hey MS, I really enjoyed playing the week trial that you sent me. I didn't purchase the game later since I became busy with studies again. However, i'll be graduating from University in a few days so i'm definitely planning on getting SWTOR within the next two or three weeks and playing regularly over the summers. Having an SSX chat box is amazing and having it in a Star Wars themed universe is better still :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Chaos
I still have an active sub and I plan on playing more but have been swamped with life lately. Between work and other things i haven't done any gaming in the last month or so. I'll pop in when i can as time allows, but I'm not sure how often that will be.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:31 pm

SSX-Andy
I don't think I will be back in the game any time soon.

Still have an active sub, but just don't feel any desire to play. I was really looking forward to it and had a great time getting my 2 chars up, but once at end game I just didn't feel anything that would keep me there.

With Diablo 3 out next week I will get lost a bit there. See if I find my way to SWTOR later on, but at the moment I doubt it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ignore my previous post. The mood took me and I rolled an alt at last (thanks to MS for the invite to the guild too).

We'll see how it goes. For now, I should be more active again. Not as active as I was when I was levelling my Inquisitor, but active nontheless :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”