+10 Datacron (arranging a day & time)

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

+10 Datacron (arranging a day & time)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:06 am

M.Steiner
So, who's up for attempting to get the +10 datacron?. Syn'n suggested we schedule it for this weekend which sounds good to me :)
Not sure what the exact bare min number of players required for it is without checking as some recommend different but would be nice to finally have a go at this.

How does Sat (26th) at 8pm BST sound?
Make sure you have the 2 required items (quick & easy) and providing we have enough peeps turn up we'll go have a stab at it :thumb:
(Anyone done it before by any chance?)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: +10 Datacron this weekend?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 am

Syn'n
I'm up for it. Will be a nice change from listening to people take PVP way too seriously....

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am

Ash
At this point, count me in.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm in. 8PM BST should be fine :)

Will make a point of picking up the needed items Saturday afternoon.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:45 pm

M.Steiner
Just been reading to see what the minimum requirement was: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=436726

It seems that it was 4 but then I read;
Minimum is six now, they changed it so you need to use all five consoles at the same time to activate the last grapple point to open the door. That's also why so many people say it's bugged, as it doesn't work as seen in the older vids you can find everywhere.
Oh, and for the record: it doesn't seem bugged currently, it worked just fine for us last time we did it.
and this vid says minimum is 5..

So will need 5 or 6 now going by that.. Will have to see who logs on for this tonight. Hopefully we'll have enough :)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
If only four of us are on, we can always see if a couple of randoms want to fill the other slots.

No harm in trying either way :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Re: +10 Datacron (arranging a day & time)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:12 pm

M.Steiner
kk chaps.
The four of us went to the museum just now. 3 people (lets call them persons A,B,C) need to activate a set of consoles at the same time which lowers the bridge for just a few seconds so persons D,E,F (and however many more people there are) can run cross to the other side where all the grappling is done. On the other side of the bridge are another set of 3 consoles which do exactly the same, bring the bridge up. So;

Persons D,E,F+ stand infront of the bridge forcefield
Persons A,B,C click their consoles
Bridge appears
Persons D,E,F+ cross the bridge to the other side
Bridge disappears
Persons A,B,C move to the bridge forcefield
Persons D,E,F click the consoles from their side
Bridge appears and persons A,B,C cross and meet up with D,E,F+

Going by that 6 people minimum are needed it seems so we didn't have enough with 4 and there wasn't any interest from /general unfortunately.
Once everyone is over on the other side of the bridge the grappling stuff begins. If someone falls to their death over this side then the bridge needs to be brought back up for them to get back over so the more people the easier that'll be, since people will need to leave their manning positions everytime that happens otherwise.

So if at least 6 of us can agree upon a day & time to do this where we're not short of a person or two we'll go back and have a proper go.
When is good for everyone? A Weekday? weekend? what time/date? I'm pretty easy so you guys discuss and I should be able to work around whatever is decided :thumb:

Re: +10 Datacron (arranging a day & time)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Sorry, meant to reply to this sooner!

Any day is fine for me, provided I have a few days notice. Generally you can just slap me in IRC too at short notice and I'll most always answer, but that runs the risk I might be doing something else or unavailable to get into TOR immediately - since even when I'm doing other things I leave IRC open, though that's not always indicative of availability.

The caveat though is that whilst at weekend any time is good too, on weekdays it would probably need to be starting between 8 and 9pm for me to be able to do it - as I have other things I like to do most evenings too, and any earlier would mean I wouldn't get to do them.

So yeah...whenever really. As long as we can get the people online, just give me a shout as and when :)

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”