[Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Re: [Important] Bloodworthy transfers - Stay or leave?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Lee
i have and will at some point log on to move the others... but need to do the guild. does it only take 4 of us?
I'll need to arrange a day to pop on. euro's captivating me. did manage to get through the queue and saw rok in novare, but i was laggy at the pvp terminal and wanted to go for teh second half of foosball.

if people are free for a little while on wednesday... want to meet at guild fella at 8/9 or 9/10 or something?
Eeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Just a note, I'll transfer my Inquisitor once I know whether or not you'll be able to re-afford the bank on TOFN. Since he'll be the only character I'll be moving, I need to take all the money to contribute with him provided we can reach the goal. But I don't want to strip my Agent of all his credits if we can't :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:54 pm

M.Steiner
Lee wrote:if people are free for a little while on wednesday... want to meet at guild fella at 8/9 or 9/10 or something?
Sounds good to me.
Lets try meet at the guild npc (where the guild banks are) at 9 BST Wed night then. There's likely to be a queue so probably best to hit that 10mins before unless you're already on & playing. Hopefully we'll manage it then. Shame we didn't tonight when we had 3 members on but not to worry, just frustrating heh. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Ash
I'll make sure I am on Wednesday Evening then.

:thumb:

EDIT

Wulfe the Bounter Hunter is now known as Huntar (sad I know :p )
and Wraithe the Operative is now known as Reisender

Catch you tomorrow night

Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:33 am

Chaos
I haven't been around much but i got Velindia my BH transferred over. Not to happy about the 20min+ queue times im seeing when i try to log in, but at least that means people to play with. I'll try and get on tomorrow after work if the queue isn't to bad. I want to see what the server is like as far a people before i transfer all my characters.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:43 pm

M.Steiner
Chaos wrote:Not to happy about the 20min+ queue times im seeing when i try to log in, but at least that means people to play with.
This was my thinking too pretty much. Whilst I'm pretty sure the queues will quieten down again if it's a choice between taking a busy server with queues but has lots of new faces, warzones running day & night (running past 3:30am the other day!), flashpoint groups, populated <50 zones with people doing heroic quests and a GTN which will be utilized more by crafters and the rest of the playerbase more than it has on Bloodworthy since early access/launch.
Or a currently dead server with none of these, where recruitment would not even be an option, where a lot of upcoming content becomes useless (like the group finder, augment kits [if there's no people to craft and sell them], free recruit pvp gear when there are no warzones running or any and all new warzones, flashpoints, world bosses etc) & where the future of both the server and our guild itself would remain unclear until they decide what they're doing with it.... Weighing up the positives and negatives of both it was a no brainer for me really and I would take queues over the latter any day.

Heh also.. When Eeks and I were doing dailies together on Monday night there was a Rep guild having some fun out and about attacking peeps. Our side proceeded to band together and take them on and eventually drove them off for a bit. On Bloodworthy I didn't see any world pvp in places like Corellia either whilst leveling or doing lvl 50 dailies there. Hell, I can't even remember seeing any rep when I was leveling there either. Infact there was only 1 planet in my entire leveling experience of both characters where I encountered world pvp and in both cases that was only Tatooine. We were both quite surprised to walk out of the Black Hole to see them all. A very nice surprise when the world pvp in this game has been very disappointing for the most part hehe. :)

Speaking of people on the new server. I actually commented to Anny a day or two before we knew that Bloodworthy was going to be affected by transfers. Was basically saying how I was a little fed up because I was playing with or against the same people all the time in warzones (before they stopped running completely) and that some of those individuals were elitist bastards who would bitch every single game they were in, mock people and blame anyone but themselves for mistakes or game losses. It was getting tiring.
Ofc there will be arseholes on ToFN too just like there will be on every server but I have experienced very little of this in comparison when there's such a large pool of people you're likely to get teamed up with now. Plus Bloodworthy basically has no players left so... Unless you call double digit figures (max) for all planets combined a playerbase heh.
I've had some really nice people whispering me from asking me about augmented pvp gear, how I got my pet to whether I was looking for a pvp guild etc. I've played more pvp games these last couple of days than I probably have on Bloodworthy in a few weeks combined both due to the frequency of them and how much fun they have been in comparison. Honestly, I was becoming bored before the move but this has been such a nice change it has kinda reinvigorated the game for me in a way. The whole transfer process is a pain in the arse for guilds and when I first learned that Bloodworthy had become an origin server and saw what damage that had done I was extremely annoyed. Those listening to me moan in IRC will know that lol. But now... I actually think BioWare have done us a huge favour here. I certainly wouldn't go back.

Ofc it's your decision what you do with your other characters at the end of the day and you should do what you feel happy with. I do think Anny is crazy for staying behind with his most active character and not coming with us simply because he prefers it dead than populated. In an ideal world it would have been nice for all of our active members to move across with all of their characters rather than say behind but that's just the way he prefers to play the game so I can't blame him. :) As far as I know he doesn't do pvp, heroics, flashpoints (other than with us) or use the GTN either so it's kinda perfect for him. I just hope for his sake that it stays that way long enough for him to finish the agent storyline in the way he intends.
Anyway, I'm just sharing my experience with it but all being said I won't be truly happy until we've got our guild created again and we can start reinviting - Speaking of which I will catch you guys for that this evening! :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Ash
I was actually thinking that it may help with recruitment as we are no longer on an origin server which was dominated by Early start guilds.

See you guys later

Ash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Syn'n
Right so.. after giving it some thought, I moved Nemesi over. Had to rename her though.. so she is now Syn'n. Had to change legacy too...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 pm

M.Steiner
The guild is now up and running again so just give us a shout and we'll reinvite you :thumb:

Current officers to whisper for invite
Ash [Huntar, Reisender & A'sh]
Eeks [Surren]
Syn'n [Syn'n]
Myself [Rokuro, Hellmasker]

Guild banks require 12 members so we're still without one atm, however it shouldn't be long before I can enable it again for us once more of us (and our alts) have been reinvited.
Also if anyone else wants to contribute to rebuying the vaults for us so that we can keep the Bloodworthy guild up feel free to mail some credits my way. All is appreciated ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:03 pm

M.Steiner
Quick update:
I transferred my agent over last night so he's ready to put the bank contents back in our ToFN bank as soon as we hit that 12 member/alt requirement. Still taking contributions towards the 3.6mil for those btw, mail Rokuro.
[Speaking of bank contents. Enlightened, I saw that you had filled half of vault 1 with an assortment of goods after I had fully cleared it out for moving to Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Don't worry about it but if you're transferring over too feel free to bring them with you as my vaults were all full up, or leave them there if you want (or are staying there with any of your chars). Up to you bud. :)

I had to rename Rigby unfortunately. I was worried that would be the case but kinda expected it, afterall I did take his name from the Beatles song heh. Sad though as I've used that name for him since the very first day of early access. (He is now called Hellmasker. I will poke one of you for an invite when I see someone on). Not to worry!

I also had Anny invite a new alt of mine to the Bloodworthy guild (Setton) before I transferred, just so I have an officer character left in there should I ever need. I have left the GM spot in Anny's capable hands since he'll be the most active there now I should think. :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 am

M.Steiner
Just to let ya'll know, I've started to restore our guild bank now however it's not as it was just yet;

I've paid the 600k again to repurchase the bank itself. This comes with vault 1.
We also have vault 2 which cost another 1mil. I received 950k in donations so all of this went on purchasing vault 2.

Still need to upgrade to the third vault so we have the same amount of storage as we had before. Vault 3 is 2mil though so if anyone else has spare money lying around please let me know asap. I can't be the only person who had millions :p
I'll leave the bank locked for now just until I know what's happening with vault3 and where I put all this stuff in my cargo holds. I do have another 2mil but if I fund this last vault again it'll pretty much clear me out which I'm not gonna go when I'd already bought these for us on Bloodworthy. Plus doing this would mean I'd have spent over 6mil on banks which would be ridiculous lol

There's still Anny's contribution to come too once he has transferred his Inq so this will ofc go towards the third vault. If a couple more peeps have 500k each or something I could probably fund the rest if really needed, providing it's just a few hundred. Just not paying it all/majority and clearing myself out when I think I've probably spent enough and it's just rebuying what I already bought :)
Ty to those who have already helped out! :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Ash
Downside to having too many alts is funds split amongst different toons.

I will happily throw some more into the pot (lets say 500k), but will need to run some dailies on my BH to acquire first,
so give me a few days. i.e. by end of play on Saturday.
Thinking, Black Hole, Ilum then Belsavis, mammoth daily run.
If anyone wishes to join me I'll be on Wednesday evening by about 8pm.

Ash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:There's still Anny's contribution to come too once he has transferred his Inq so this will ofc go towards the third vault.
Remind me on Saturday to sort him out for transfer. I may well have over 1m credits by then. I keep putting the transfer off :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Syn'n
Depending on the cost of the new legacy perks, I may have about 500k to toss in too... more if I run dailies for a couple days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 pm

M.Steiner
Just mentioned this on IRC but there is a new one time pvp quest at the pvp terminal now for level 50 players. Tis called New Technology.
I say quest but you don't have to actually do anything, you just accept at the terminal and hand it straight in and pick your reward.
There are 2 rewards to pick from. 1. A free set of the entry level pvp recruit gear. Or 2. A credit token which equals the value of what it would have cost to buy a recruit set yourself. This is just blue gear so unless you've only just hit 50 your gear will most likely be far superior. Anyway, if you choose the token you can sell this back to the vendor and get yourself some free credits. 320k to be exact ;)
(You can do this quest once on all of your lvl 50 characters)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm

M.Steiner
Okay folks. Had some generous donations tonight so counting those plus taking Anny's contribution into account too we now have enough for the third vault again. Just upgrading it now and I'll get started with putting the contents back and opening it up again for use!. (Once Anny has transferred, his bit will replace some of what I've respent on making up the difference)
No more donations are needed now but if you do have spare credits feel free to deposit them in the bank itself if you wish, up to you. :)

Thanks again to those who have helped out, however much you have given :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:01 am

Ash
M.Steiner wrote:Just mentioned this on IRC but there is a new one time pvp quest at the pvp terminal now for level 50 players. Tis called New Technology.
I say quest but you don't have to actually do anything, you just accept at the terminal and hand it straight in and pick your reward.
There are 2 rewards to pick from. 1. A free set of the entry level pvp recruit gear. Or 2. A credit token which equals the value of what it would have cost to buy a recruit set yourself. This is just blue gear so unless you've only just hit 50 your gear will most likely be far superior. Anyway, if you choose the token you can sell this back to the vendor and get yourself some free credits. 320k to be exact ;)
(You can do this quest once on all of your lvl 50 characters)
Damn, only got one lvl 50, but will donate directly 320k

Ash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Was interested to read the other day that they're now offering rewards for transferring your characters.

Gives me a feeling that they really want to close some servers honestly. Why would you reward people for moving otherwise? :blank:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:28 am

M.Steiner
Yep, I still expect them to either merge all of the left over servers together into 1 (or a couple, depending on how many people chose not to transfer when given the option). Or they'll transfer the left over people themselves at some point and shut those servers down. If Bloodworthy was the only server that had been left in this state I'd say there was a much higher chance of them leaving it be, but it ain't. At the end of the day they're running a business and I just can't see them continuing to pay to keep servers like those up and running. Not just that but some of the content that they've been busy developing like group finders, rated warzone grouping, new flashpoints, warzones etc are worthless on servers like that as there aren't enough players left on em to actually benefit from them. I doubt they'd be happy with developing content like that and implementing it on the live servers knowing all of those servers won't even be able to experience a lot of it.

I agree anyway, the free pet and black hole commendations for transferring just seems like they're trying to incentivise it now so they can get on with shutting them down or whatever. We shall see, but yeah.. If they leave em all to rot I'd be extremely surprised, they'd have to be crazy not to merge/close.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm

SSX-Andy
Transfered Snowstar and Lysea.

Don't have any active account though, and not sure I will get one, but they are there just in case.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-tra ... ou-part-ii

Confirmed. Anyone with an active account want to see if Bloodworthy is now one of those locked servers?

Just glad I capped my Agent before this began. If they move my Inq over to some random server and he loses his names, then the odds of my resubscribing will diminish rapidly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-tra ... ou-part-ii

Confirmed. Anyone with an active account want to see if Bloodworthy is now one of those locked servers?

Just glad I capped my Agent before this began. If they move my Inq over to some random server and he loses his names, then the odds of my resubscribing will diminish rapidly.
Yep, but then there was no way they were going to leave it alone.
As a part of the Character Transfer Program, some servers are now listed as “Locked” on the Server Selection screen. Locked servers are no longer available to new players, and will not allow new players to create characters. This is to encourage players to create characters on our designated “Destination” servers, rather than source servers. For those players who already have characters on locked servers, there should be no change – you should still be able to create new characters as normal.
Later this summer, any remaining characters on selected origin servers will be automatically moved to designated destination servers. We will provide additional details regarding the automatic character transfer process at that time.
Anny, why not just move your Inq over to ToFN now whilst transfers are still available?. If Andy transferred his characters you must be able to do that without having an active sub too.
I know you didn't want to but at least if you transfer now you know exactly where you're going and will remain with the guild. Sure you'll probably have to rename like some of us did (I used Rigby since the very first day of early access, I didn't want to lose his name either so I do understand) but it's better than the alternative. If you leave it in their hands they will put you wherever they want to populate, you'll be guildless if they move you rather than merge, you could still have to rename yourself and you'll still end up on a server with lots more players about.

(If you have to rename just go with "Lordänubis" or something, that's what I did on the last character I made :))

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Anny, why not just move your Inq over to ToFN now whilst transfers are still available?. If Andy transferred his characters you must be able to do that without having an active sub too.
I know you didn't want to but at least if you transfer now you know exactly where you're going and will remain with the guild. Sure you'll probably have to rename like some of us did (I used Rigby since the very first day of early access, I didn't want to lose his name either so I do understand) but it's better than the alternative. If you leave it in their hands they will put you wherever they want to populate, you'll be guildless if they move you rather than merge, you could still have to rename yourself and you'll still end up on a server with lots more players about.

(If you have to rename just go with "Lordänubis" or something, that's what I did on the last character I made :))
Because I would lose my character name (I already checked), and as he's my "canon" character I'm not willing to change it for him - and I will be furious if BioWare force it after all their emphasis on how important story is. I could rename it, yes, but that's not the point. I am already very unhappy about having to butcher my Agent's name after completing the story with him.

I'll be leaving my Inq where he is and seeing what happens. They are going to have to detail the full details of the process at some point, so for now there's no harm in waiting. When I know more, I'll decide what to do then - as I say though, if they force a rename and thus kill my interest in ever resubbing it won't really matter much what I do regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Because I would lose my character name (I already checked), and as he's my "canon" character I'm not willing to change it for him
Chances are you will be forced to change it anyway when they come to manually moving those of you who still haven't transferred. At least moving now you get a choice in moving to our guild server and not just getting dumped wherever they decide to put you.

Just rename:
Lordanubis > Lordanubís

or something like that to get around it. You know, I really wish I had thought of doing that for Rigby > Rígby instead of completely renaming him to something else. I'm pissed with myself for not thinking :(
At first glance you can't even tell the difference, it's just a dot.

Waiting to see is ok but also a bit risky. By the time they have posted the full details they may have already closed transfers and thus lost your opportunity to join us.
Just my thoughts but it's up to you mate. Would hate to see you get shoved somewhere else instead of changing i for í and joining us whilst you still can. This is what I was worried would happen <3 :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:40 pm

SSX-Andy
My chars are now Lysea and Snowstar is now known as Snownight. Apparently they grant 7 days free game day to all old accounts. It's why I was able to transfer. So will be able to join guilds or whatever for a week. Maybe even play some this weekend if someone is on by then.

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”