HK Droid Companion Quest chain.

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

HK Droid Companion Quest chain.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Ash
Hey folks, MS and I were chatting last night about the upcoming HK Droid companion quest chain
and apparently you will need a level 50 character of one faction and a mid level character on the other side on the same server.

If people are interested we can create an alt guild on the Republic side to aid in coordination.
If you create an alt republic toon make sure to add my 2 to your friends list.

Greywulfe (low level Trooper)
Raith'e (low level Smuggler)

Not sure when this will be added in, whether with the next patch or further down the line.

btw anyone know if you can do cross faction emails on your account?

Cheers

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: HK Droid Companion Quest chain.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm

M.Steiner
From the Q&A for those unaware

GarrickBlackSun: I understand he is a long way off, but could you please possibly give us any sort of clearer or better insight to the unlocking of HK-51?
Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

Haven't made any republic characters just yet but I do plan on doing in the near future. I'll make sure to post my char name once I have. :)
I've seen very little of the Republic side as I haven't played any since beta but was saying yesterday, I wouldn't mind making one for the HK companion. Possibly a trooper as my marauder would like the endurance class buff for pvp too, doing that would kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Rather than making a BH.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Syn'n
I have a low lvl trooper named Vyxz'n, mostly cuz I wanted one. I didn't know about the HK unit reqs till reading this. Just lemme know when to log her to get things rolling.

As for the cross faction, I think its only Legacy items that can be mailed cross faction. Not sure about the rest though..
Last edited by Syn'n on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Lee
trooper was what i wanted to play (when they split sith to warrior and inq... a sith is both dammit) so i'll happily make me one. looks like we have a "shattered star republic trooper squad" on the go.
Eeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:26 am

Ash
Note Cross Faction mails do work between your toons, although items may change appearance from Empire to Republic.

i.e. Tempered Laminoid Greaves changed from BH visuals to Trooper visuals.
shame really as I wanted to go for a more Colonial Marines (i.e Aliens) look.

but does mean trade craft items (i.e. mods etc) should also work.

Ash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:18 pm

M.Steiner
yep I tried this too earlier this morning too.
Made my trooper and successfully mailed him a tiny bit of cash, the redeemable legacy gear and a few random crafting mats to see if they would mail too. That'll be handy.
(3 class buffs ftw. Can't wait until my marauder has the +end one too lol)

Anyway my trooper is called "Nyanko". Wanted to use Madara but it was already taken.
I'll probably just play him casually when I see no other guildies on our main side, or if a few of us are playing Rep chars together. I must admit, from the little bit I have played with him it has been a refreshing leveling experience. I did find myself rushing with my marauder when I leveled him as I could remember a lot of the quests (besides my class story) and areas. Still really enjoyed the class story for him (not as much as the agents) but not as much as redoing the sidequests.
However since the Republic have different quests entirely, get to quest on a few other planets I haven't seen much of and they have different sections of the maps we've already played on too..quite looking forward to playing a Rep character on the side actually. (Anny - If you feel up to giving the population a go when you've finished your agent storyline you should think about rolling a rep alt over on ToFN too mate. Gets us a bit more play out of the game and see a different side to it without repeating the same quests again :))

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:(Anny - If you feel up to giving the population a go when you've finished your agent storyline you should think about rolling a rep alt over on ToFN too mate. Gets us a bit more play out of the game and see a different side to it without repeating the same quests again :))
I'll probably take another break from TOR when I've capped my Agent, but if and when I come to roll a Republic alt I'll see how things lie at the time re: populations :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 am

M.Steiner
My trooper has made it to the fleet now so can talk to the guild fella. Do you guys fancy making a little Rep alt guild for us this weekend then? Say Sun at 9 BST?. (I'd have said today (Sat) but it doesn't leave ya'll much notice so I'll say Sun instead)
Should have the 4 needed to create a guild already (Ash, Eeks, Syn'n & myself) but if anyone else wants to tag along you're more than welcome to :thumb:

Can always arrange for another day during the week or something if that's not a good day or time for anyone. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:32 am

Ash
Tonight (ie saturday) is better, as I'm out at friends watching the football tomorrow.
Also my Trooper is at fleet.

Ash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:54 pm

M.Steiner
In that case tonight would be fine by me too if Lee & Syn'n are available aswell. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Syn'n
Fine with me. I'm working on getting the group some custom aug weapons for when we hit 20... I know I need to make at least 2 blaster rifles and an autocannon at the very least..

My brain died and I started falling asleep at the keyboard.. else I would have been around longer tonight... sorry bout that.

Right so either I have really bad luck (which is most likely the case) or they changed the formula some on getting crits when crafting... still have yet to get anything augmented....

I must love editing my posts, as i now have 2 aug blaster rifles and an aug auto-cannon in the mail to Vyxz'n.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 pm

M.Steiner
We now have a republic guild on ToFN too. Just give one of us a shout if you have a rep alt that needs inviting! :thumb:
(Current officers: Nyanko, Vyxz'n & zxc)

I'll start doing some missions on my agent on the side, should be able to make us some implants for when we can use them :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:27 pm

M.Steiner
kk my agent can make some lvl 29 purple implants for when we're ready for em. Can't tooltip these particular imps but:

+23 Aim
+34 Endurance
+18 Presence
+33 Power

There's a legacy perk in tomorrows update which increases crit-crafting chance so I may grab that and start crafting them tomorrow too. Don't suppose aug slots matter so much for these as we'll replace them before long but they're always nice to have heh. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 am

M.Steiner
Buried deep beneath the icy surface of Belsavis rests an army of the deadliest, most feared machines in the known galaxy. Thought to have been lost when an Imperial freighter was destroyed, they have recently been rediscovered by a group of renegade Sith Lords. Now both the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic seek to control these dangerous weapons for themselves. Those who are brave enough to venture into the wreckage will emerge with a powerful new ally.

We are excited to unveil the dangerous assassination droid HK-51! Cold, calculating, and ruthlessly efficient, HK-51 will stand by your side and loyally follow your command as you and your allies continue your journey. Journalists were given a brief preview of HK-51 at E3, but now we are happy to be able to show everyone at San Diego Comic-Con, and all of you at home, the full trailer.
You will be able to recruit HK-51 in to your party in the very near future, so be sure to come back to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for all the latest news.
How long do you guys think "in the very near future" will be then? Days? weeks? months?. Hopefully before my sub runs out heh :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Ash
Cheers MS
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cool trailer, but they're no HK-47... :(

I need to replay KOTOR!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”