New world event imminent - The Grand Acquisitions Race

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

New world event imminent - The Grand Acquisitions Race

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:30 am

M.Steiner
For a short time only, The Chevin Conglomerate is offering great riches to anyone who brings them rare and unique items. Scattered across all parts of the galaxy, these items must be retrieved before the Chevin return to their home in the furthest reaches of the Outer Rim! Be cautious as some within both the Republic and Imperial governments wonder if there is something more sinister driving the Chevin and their quest to acquire these goods...

Shame it hadn't been sooner as I really enjoyed the previous one but I can see why they've left it until now, just as the 6 month subs are about to end.
Hope those of you still playing enjoy it!, mebbe I'll jump in and play a little before my game time runs out too... :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: New world event imminent - The Grand Acquisitions Race

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 am

Syn'n
Hmm.. as much as I want to do this, its not enough incentive for me to reinstall TOR for 4 days worth of action. Have fun, those of you who are still active.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 am

Anubis
Site Admin
When does the free to play start?

If it's imminent, I may try a bit of this. If not, it's very unlikely. Hope those of you still playing enjoy though!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:44 am

M.Steiner
Free to play won't start before this event finishes. They'll be doing it now to try and keep as many of us 6 month subscribers around before our subs run out on friday. Unfortunately for them as much fun as their last event was it's not enough for me to consider paying nearly 50 quid again to renew. It is quite tempting since I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too but I know as soon as it has finished I'll be back to having no more pvp goals, no new warzones, no decent world pvp etc however I may pop in and spend my last 2-3 days with you guys before I go bye byes, see what this is all about :)

If we're to go by the EA earnings call the F2P option isn't due until November. This sounds about right as BioWare said they were launching it this autumn and we haven't finished summer yet.

The event is live btw: http://dulfy.net/2012/08/13/swtor-live- ... -coverage/ :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
November? Heh, then I definately won't be trying this.

Oh well! As I say, I hope those of you who do experience this enjoy it :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”