Rise of the Hutt Cartel

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Rise of the Hutt Cartel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Ash
Ok so I have played some of the latest update 2.0 Rise of The Hutt Cartel.
Level Cap is now 55.
A lot of skills and their respective tress have been tweaked (some quite severly)
although the main skill in each tree is the same it just takes 36 points to get it.
A new level 51 skill for each class.
Another Tier of crafting.
Planetary Commendations are no longer planet specific.
etc etc etc

My biggest gripe is that they have removed multiple skills from every class, all the ones that require a stunned state
i.e. Savage Kick and Pommel Bash for Sith Warrior, Eviscerate and Head shot for Imp Agent etc etc.
The reasoning being that they are hardly used at end game, they do not work in PvP, most mobs in Flashpoints are stun resistent, skill overload etc etc.
Well I used them, as did many others, admittedly certain of my characters used them more than others,
but I enjoyed watching my Sith Warrior do acrobatics in Savage Kick and my Agent stunning, evisercating and back stabbing trash mobs.
If you don't like/ use the skills then remove them from the toolbar ratehr than reduce my playing options.
Now my rotation will be like every other Sith Warrior or Imp Agent.

I realise that chances are only a couple of people will read this but I needed to vent some heat ( :clown: )

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: Rise of the Hutt Cartel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
No new story? Makes me sad :(

Sounds like they really haven't thought the skills thing through though. They were supposed to have metrics to measure what players did - just stupid to remove all those skills if the metric were saying they were used! What would the harm have been in leaving them alone? If no-one used them at endgame, they'd hardly be doing any harm...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Ash
Sorry Anny, yes there is new planetary story content, a new world Makeeb.
Just no extra class storyline, although the way you are introduced into the new planet is unique per class and quite cinematic.

;)
Ash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Chimera
The "skill bloat" was something of an annoyance when I was playing SWTOR. Literally I had two bars and I still couldn't fit everything on there. I think the overabundance of skills was what made the initial free-to-play single free quickbar so utterly laughable.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You still playing Ash, or is anyone else?

Currently thinking of re-installing - I feel the urge to finally playthrough as a Sith Warrior. Not sure what server I'll play on yet though - if there's no-one around here still active I'll probably go PvE, but if anyone is playing shout and I will join you :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm now playing on The Red Eclipse server (PvE), in case anyone should be in the vicinity. My new character is named Anubine :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Ash
Sorry Anny for the late reply, I was on holiday.
I pop in and play every now and again, but not consistently, so your decision to play PvE is probably the best idea.
I hope you are having fun, I enjoyed the Sith Warrior storyline.

Ash
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It's good so far, yep :)

Only thing that is frustrating is the crutch of "Minor Experience Boosts", which I am having to put enough money together to afford. The rest is pretty much as it was for me though, so that's all I can really complain about.

And no worries about the delay mate haha. Hope you had a good holiday? :)

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”