Mechwarrior Online Razer Joystick

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

Mechwarrior Online Razer Joystick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Chimera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqO_k5B2LE

After much speculation of what ARTEMIS is...turns out its a specialized joystick/control panel for Mechwarrior Online. No idea on what its gonna cost. Kinda letdown but the dang thing does look pretty rad.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Re: Mechwarrior Online Razer Joystick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 pm

BlueFlames
So, is this implicit confirmation that the game will support joystick use, then? I've been a little worried that we were going to be stuck with mouse-and-keyboard, whether we like it or not, but I don't think that would be the case, if there's a product tie-in/sponsorship with a joystick.

To the controller itself, the concept looks pretty cool, though the center screen may be a bit superfluous. I'd be very interested in the internal components that Razer will use, supposing that the concept goes into manufacturing. The big problem with joysticks that you can buy today is that they don't resolve motion as precisely as older sticks did. (This is why, if you've got an old Sidewinder, you keep and baby that thing.) Razer's not typically one to cheap out with gaming controllers, but they're going into a market with very little competition at the high end, so they could get away with putting out a stick that would have been considered crap in the 1990's.

Re: Mechwarrior Online Razer Joystick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Anyone know if there is a good USB adapter for an old Sidewinder Pro? It's what I plan to be using if I can find a decent adapter. The ones I have seen have reviews saying they have not worked very well. Could also be my wonderful Vista OS that would kill it.

I have been lugging this JS around with me through multiple moves over 10 years in anticipation of this moment.

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”