Release Schedule?

Our SC organization can be found here. Come join us!

Moderators: Global Moderators, SC Moderators

Release Schedule?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So, I'm kinda on the fence about buying at the moment. I know exactly what I want, but after chatting with MS I don't really feel like there's enough of the game there yet to make me want to buy - I'm more inclined to wait until it's a bit more complete.

But that makes me wonder when it WILL be more complete - do they have a release schedule laid out yet?

Might be more inclined to buy, or wait, if I know exactly when I'll be playing :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Release Schedule?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:55 pm

M.Steiner
No dates but I believe their schedule is FPS module > Planetside, Squadron 42 and then tie it all together with the persistent universe. The FPS module will be out early next year and incase you didn't spot my tweets for that, they're showing it off tomorrow ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:47 pm

M.Steiner
From this morning's FPS stream, Anny:
Star Citizen Roadmap.jpg
Star Citizen Roadmap.jpg (78.6 KiB) Viewed 32077 times
:thumb:

As I was saying on IRC last night though, tis your choice at the end of the day but unless you're a bit strapped for cash or not completely sold on the game then I'd still buy now mate. Since you're going to be buying later anyway right? that way you'll help support the devs in the meantime and help make the game for us to play. It's essentially the same as when we've backed Broken Age, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Massive Chalice, Torment etc and countless other projects on Kickstarter except better as we get our ship straight away (assuming it is hangar ready at the very least) and can play some of it right now too. Plus you'll be able to come join us when we start getting together as a group in there too, even if you're not gonna play it much on your own for the time being :)

With all these other games coming out (CoD on monday, Unity in 2 weeks followed by FC4 and DA:I, I haven't played Alien Isolation yet either and that's not to mention all the other games I have waiting in my backlog lol) I doubt I'll be spending a hell of a lot of time with Star Citizen over Nov/Dec myself tbh. I'm gonna make a point of jumping back in there every so often though just so I stay (somewhat) familiar with my ship and the controls and don't feel like a noob everytime I come back to playing with it hehe. I will ofc put those other games aside for any group play though.

Anyway, up to you but would be nice to have you game ready too!
or perhaps Chaos could lend you one of his many, many ships? hehe :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:28 pm

M.Steiner
schedule.JPG
schedule.JPG (28.47 KiB) Viewed 31949 times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Storyline content-wise that's a lot sooner than I was expecting :)

Excellent news!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:26 pm

BlackDove
That's assuming everything goes according to plan.

I'm not that optimistic, integrating double precision will be a bitch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:36 am

M.Steiner
FPS module will be out in around 3 weeks, so before the end of this month :D
Planetside probably the end of next.

(Release schedule shown at PAX this evening - Embed tweets please!]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not sure if you've all seen yet, but the FPS module has been postponed indefinitely :(

Concerning...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:49 am

M.Steiner
I saw, but honestly? I'm not too worried.
This FPS module is a little different to the other two (hangar and AC) in that there are a LOT of FPS games already out there for people to play and compare it to. If Star Marine isn't yet in a place where it can go head to head with some of those then they should push it back until it is imo. The FPS side of the game will draw in its own crowd I would think but unless it's in great shape with a really tight experience (obviously still in alpha stage), some people will give it a try but ultimately go straight back to playing Arena Commander imo. Putting it down as the half-arsed wannabe it would likely come across as.

Props to them for delaying it again imo. It's a shame, yes, but they clearly have standards over there and aren't comfortable putting something out which they know isn't quite there yet. I think that's a good thing personally :)
It is a pity Warner Bros. didn't do the same with the PC version of Arkham Knight when they knew the kinda state it was in. I'd have rather they had delayed that for another 6 months over the console release than sell us the piece of shit they thought was acceptable to ship. More fool them though as they've heard us loud and clear that it is not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:24 am

Whizbang
I'm bothered by this because it affects the space sim piece. How can you do boarding attacks if there are no FPS? Them postponing that piece of the game makes me wonder where they are squandering the money. I understand that the flight sim is a major component, but if there is no FPS piece, then how can they realize the scope of what they promised and continue to sell us? :mad: :confused: :eek: :(
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:I'm bothered by this because it affects the space sim piece. How can you do boarding attacks if there are no FPS? Them postponing that piece of the game makes me wonder where they are squandering the money. I understand that the flight sim is a major component, but if there is no FPS piece, then how can they realize the scope of what they promised and continue to sell us? :mad: :confused: :eek: :(
This is how I feel :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:54 pm

M.Steiner
The only difference I see with this delay is that they're not (and can't) give us an ETA. The FPS module will still be part of the game & their vision for how it all connects to each other but at this time they're not saying "It should be ready to go by such & such", but rather "when it's ready". FPS hasn't been scrapped or anything. Right? They're just not giving us a date which is the sensible thing to do if they're not sure and as I say, I'm glad they have decent quality control over there rather than putting shit out which they know isn't up to standards or where they want it to be :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:16 pm

M.Steiner
Lesnick said it "would not be my place" to announce a new timetable for Star Marine's release. But he did say that the delay will amount to weeks and "not months/years/decades." He went on to say that Cloud Imperium Games is purposefully not announcing a new release date, or even a release window, because "we might find ourselves in exactly the same position when the current set of issues are resolved."
"The important thing that I want to point out here is that Star Marine isn't an aside in any way," Lesnick said. "It's an essential part of Star Citizen, something the rest of the game must have. We aren't making a giant first-person shooter, but we're making a game that needs that technology in order to work."
etc. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-c ... 0-6428814/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:01 am

Ash
Glad to hear it MS,

I was concerned with the delay but not overly as the game is being built in a crytek engine (if slightly modified)
and that engine is fairly common in the FPS genre.

Cheers

Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Whizbang
That is a good thing to hear. As much as I want the space sim, I want that FPS action that comes with the whole idea that it isn't just flying around in a spaceship but boarding/raiding parties, ability to try and take over ships, etc. I spent enough to where I have high expectations for my dollar value and goddamnit if Chris doesn't deliver......

THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 am

BlackDove
The bitching and moaning is standard fare roughly three months into no updates and patches.

They're working on the FPS and the final backend systems, having ripped out the temporary ones that buttressed Arena Commander up till now (and were broken), and so there wasn't much to release. When there's not much to release over a period of about two to three months, everyone starts going doom and gloom, posting pictures of closed offices on a Sunday, and speculating about how the developer has closed up shop and run away with the money.

Anyway.

They're prepping for Gamescom which is in some two or three weeks, where they'll demonstrate for the first time the seamless transition from FPS to Ship in a hangar on a Station, to exiting the station into an orbit of two moons around a Gas Giant to scale, and then perform a 2700km jump from one side to the other, without a loading screen.

Or something to that effect, they've not been that clear with it.

Anyway, what is clear is FPS coming in a few weeks > then multicrew ships. FPS has to be released before multicrew. It's all the same code branch now. Can't multicrew with a broken Crysis 3 FPS.

Return to “Star Citizen”