1.0 was released, and a few other things

Our SC organization can be found here. Come join us!

Moderators: Global Moderators, SC Moderators

1.0 was released, and a few other things

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:16 am

BlackDove
First, the new trailer. How much you enjoy it will vary depending on your like of dubstep.
Atlas is a nice tune though. Bit hard to pull off. I like the trailer because it finally compiles the, what are now, hours of footage they have into a small concise trailer that really shows off what they're trying to do. And, well, succeeding, because everything in that trailer is in engine footage.

To the thing though:

Our ships are now in.

Main gameplay change here is the missile system. Up till now it was a dumb fire and forget thing like all the space sims of yore, because it was just a placeholder. Now it's got a signal to noise ratio, which is essentially the backbone to the stealth system. Important to me, as I plan to outfit my Hornet with stealth systems, your mileage may vary.

Good stuff overall. It's going along nicely it seems.

Re: 1.0 was released, and a few other things

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:44 am

M.Steiner
Loved the trailer. Really puts into perspective what they're trying to accomplish and managing to do as you say. The scope of this game really is incredible. Just crazy.
Every variant of the Aurora, Mustang, 300 and Hornet are now flyable, as are the base models of the Cutlass and the Avenger. If you’ve been waiting to fly one of Star Citizen’s single-seaters, there’s a good chance your ship has come in today!
:D
I'll have to make time during the week to jump in there and go take a look!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Oooo, excellent! Now the ship's in, I'll definitely have to get it all installed over Christmas and have a test fly or two :)

Also, that's a great trailer, even though dubstep isn't my thing. It's really unbelievable how pretty the graphics are - they astound me every time I see them.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:15 pm

M.Steiner
ImageImage
Hey BD, what button do you press to retract the landing gear as mine seems to be left out all of the time?. Tried randomly pressing a few keys but nothing seemed to do it. Unless it's a bug ofc.
Last time I was in there it wouldn't appear until you were attempting to land, and would then pop out automatically as you were nearing the ground. Now it's out from the get go.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:36 am

BlackDove
Could be a bug.

Did you get out of the ship? Shoot it to pieces? I did. It was glorious.

Take some shots of that. I wanted to take shots of my broken fighter but my fraps wasn't on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:05 pm

M.Steiner
Aye, I took a picture of me shooting it but hadn't uploaded that one. Here it is though:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This does not speak well for the sturdiness of the things protecting us from vacuum :p
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:31 pm

BlackDove

Return to “Star Citizen”