Devs vs Community Event

Our SC organization can be found here. Come join us!

Moderators: Global Moderators, SC Moderators

Devs vs Community Event

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:15 am

M.Steiner
I managed to play a bit of this:
http://bit.ly/1L6w4J7 wrote:Greetings Citizens,

We want to dogfight with you! On Monday February 16th we will be having Devs Vs Community matches of Arena Commander on the live servers! (not the PTU) If you want to try and take down members of CIG both in Santa Monica and in Austin, including the Chairman himself Chris Roberts, all you have to do is load up Arena Commander at 4:00PM PST.

Pilots from CIG will be queuing into Battle Royale matches for an hour looking to see if anyone can withstand the might of the UEE.

We want as many people as we can playing to both test the serves and have some fun. Let’s break a record for most people playing at a time! Please come join us for the first official Devs Vs Community playtests.

In the future we will pick times more suitable for other parts of the world. We want as many people as possible to join in on the fun. Thank you citizens and we will see you in Arena Commander!

-------------------------------
UPDATE

It looks like we managed to break Arena Commander’s matchmaking services! Cloud Imperium QA is on the case, and we’ll have a full report in the future. For the moment, though, it looks like it’s going to be impossible to play together this afternoon. We’re frustrated not to be able to play with the community today, but we’re grateful for your help in testing the game to (and in this case, beyond!) its limits. Today’s play test may not have included much dogfighting, but it has identified an issue we’ll need to work on immediately!
Though the vid footage is all I managed to play as we crashed the servers shortly after lol. - I managed to do the decoupled kill thing near the beginning which BD has been demonstrating/explaining to Kahn & I. Still no pro or anything but I was quite pleased with that, just need to get used to doing it more often.

We'll have to keep an eye out for when they reschedule this, guys. I caught their tweet just as it was going live and decided to jump in but it would be good to have a few more of us in there even if some of us are gonna stuck at it. It's all good fun :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Devs vs Community Event

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:03 pm

BlackDove
I didn't even bother staying up, as I knew it was bound to crash 15-30min in.

But yeah, we'll get to PvP. It's a whole other beast.

Re: Devs vs Community Event

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:54 am

M.Steiner
Aye, I wasn't surprised to see them go down heh. Will hopefully have helped them prepare for the next one though and was fun for the tiny bit I got to play of it :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Star Citizen”