Ships you're aiming to get

Our SC organization can be found here. Come join us!

Moderators: Global Moderators, SC Moderators

Ships you're aiming to get

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm

M.Steiner
So we already have the What Ships Do You Own? thread, where we've all posted the ships we currently own and/or got with our initial pledge. But how about the ships you're looking to get in the future? either by further supporting the development of the game via the store (and when available if it's a limited). Or something you're looking to eventually acquire in the game for yourself if possible. Which ships are you aiming to get?

I started off with the Hornet Ghost myself, which I later melted down and upgraded to the Super Hornet during the anniversary sale in Nov. Have been really happy with that purchase.
The other ship I always had my eye on (especially after seeing and playing with it in person during one of the free test drives) was the M50. Flys like a dream and absolutely gorgeous to look at. I've resisted the urge to buy one every time it has been made available (it's a limited sale ship like the Super Hornet, incase you weren't aware) heh.
Until yesterday when I thought <censored> it!.
I'm going to give in eventually so why not buy one now and enjoy it? lol :D
Still available to buy until tomorrow (iirc) if you want one too! ^^

So, how about you guys?. Give me some ideas, which ship(s) should I start eyeing now? ;D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Ships you're aiming to get

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:17 pm

BlackDove
Jesus Christ, you're worse than I am. What have I turned you into.

Anyway, yeah, the M50 will be the one I get as well, but ingame. Aside from that, I will be outfitting my Super Hornet to act as the Ghost. Since everything will be modular, everyone will be able to get ingame parts to outfit the base ship into the other variants. That means you can have all of the Hornets with just one ship, by simply switching out the parts.

The thing about it is, the Super Hornet is the only ship that has a different variant than its base model. It is a two seater that carries a larger powerplant than the base Hornet, which is the model you buy with the Ghost or Tracker. So with the Super version, you can enjoy the benefits of a larger plant and a two-seater, with the role you choose.

That's about it. I assume if we make it a go for the group work as a squad, we'll get a Javelin eventually collectively, or an Idris.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:10 am

M.Steiner
BlackDove wrote:Jesus Christ, you're worse than I am. What have I turned you into.
haha :D
BlackDove wrote:I assume if we make it a go for the group work as a squad, we'll get a Javelin eventually collectively, or an Idris.
Aye, I like the sound of that.

Question actually.
The Orion went on sale last night. (Don't worry, I'm not buying one lol)
+ The Mining Career.

Are there many other ships left which have never been on sale? and if so which ones are those exactly?. Would be nice to get in on a day one sale of a ship if I can (if there are any I might be interested in) whilst it's at its cheapest and comes with lifetime insurance. Assuming the only ones left aren't the huge ones and likely to cost a small fortune hehe.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:21 pm

M.Steiner
Narrowed down my next choice of ships methinks. Probably the Cutlass Red and the Freelancer MAX. The Freelancer for hauling cargo since my other ships offer none, and as I've always tended to fall back into healer type roles in the past the Cutlass Red sounds mighty appealing:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14318-Design-Healing-Your-Spacemen wrote:What is Star Citizen without ships? As you know, the FPS module is being designed to support the existing focus on starship combat rather than to replace it. So how do the two mechanics complement each other? The answer is that there is a significant amount of strategy involved!

Star Citizen’s spaceflight will include a robust ‘rescue’ system. Search and rescue missions are one of our major ‘umbrella’ mission types: players will be called upon to rescue both NPCs and players who find themselves shot down or otherwise stranded in space. Using the same systems outlined above, players can suffer injuries during space combat… and there’s no more likely place for this to occur than during ejection/ship destruction.

Imagine following a distress beacon to a downed pilot floating in space. You put on your EVA outfit, vent your atmosphere and exit your ship to rescue them. Pulling the player aboard, you find they’ve taken a laser blast to the arm, or a mass driver to the chest. Here, the FPS healing mechanic again takes place and you must stabilize them for the trip to a hospital facility.

Unless you are carrying that hospital facility with you! A number of Star Citizen ships have already been revealed to have medical bays onboard or as options and more are in the works. There’s even a large dedicated hospital ship in the fourth wave of ship designs, which will allow even more player recovery (and which will possibly even act as a mobile respawn spot for not-quite-permadead Citizens.)

Carrying a medical bay is a strategic expense: you lose cargo space and energy to support the facilities… but if you’re interested in recovering other pilots and getting them back into action quickly, it’s the way to go! We expect a great deal of emergent gameplay here: pirate groups conducting raids may have a ‘healer’ Cutlass Red (or similarly outfitted ship) accompanying them to make sure that individual team members can get back to the fight quickly and effectively.
Won't be buying either of them yet as I've only just added the M50 to my hangar lol, and I may just wait and try and acquire them in the game myself if I like em (will make sure to test drive them when possible) but yar. Cutlass Red next methinks, then maybe the MAX. Will have a nice mix of ships there fulfilling various roles :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:26 pm

BlackDove
Actually the Super Hornet will be able to carry a bit of stuff if you replace the ball turret in the middle with a cargo container.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:55 pm

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:Narrowed down my next choice of ships methinks. Probably the Cutlass Red and the Freelancer MAX. The Freelancer for hauling cargo since my other ships offer none, and as I've always tended to fall back into healer type roles in the past the Cutlass Red sounds mighty appealing.
Killed two birds with one stone and (as some of you may have seen in the multi-crew thread) got a Retaliator which will not only be able to fulfill both of those roles, but also be fit for other purposes as well depending on the modules I install. Good times. (I got both cargo bays and living quarters for it and will get the med ones when they go up for sale too. I'll acquire the other modules ingame.)

Got a fighter, a racer and now the multipurpose Tali. Which ship(s) do I aim for next? :p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:25 am

BlackDove
At the rate you're going, probably one of the caps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Ash
Exploration maybe??

I wasn't planning on getting any more

Super Hornet
Freelancer (standard)
Cutlass Blue
Constellation (Andromeda) plus Merlin
Redeemer
plus starter ship (Mustang)

Seems enough for me ;)
Although if I could have justified it I'm sure an Idris would have been sat in near orbit :)

Once 2.0 comes out we should take them for a spin see if we can get some nice shots of the larger ships.
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Return to “Star Citizen”