Pre-load!

Moderators: Global Moderators, SW:BF Moderators

Pre-load!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:04 pm

NF
Arbiter
Battlefront is now sat on my hard disk and awaiting release, woot. Just 4 days until I can finally kill the rebel scum..
NF

Re: Pre-load!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:43 pm

M.Steiner
I won't get my key from GMG until release day apparently so no pre-load for me. Tis cool though as I still have a long ways to go with Fallout 4 yet, there's AC Syndicate out next week (19th, same day as Battlefront) and then the Bloodborne expansion the week after heh.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:20 am

Ozone
Well, gotta say... meh.
As excited as I was, as great as the graphics are, as astounding as the sound effects are, its just not doing it for me.
I think the killer is the lack of customized leveling. In BF4 I can grab my engineer with his special perks, modify them, then switch out my stock and scope, and vehicle perks if I like.

In Battleground atm, all I can do is pick what I'd like my trooper to look like and save enough for a generic new gun. Sure, there's the 'card deck' I can modify but that isn't that interesting imho.

I ran it for about 10 hours total. Its taking a backseat to; BF4, that Bingo Bango Bongo game, and Wasteland 2 (which I bought on a whim and ends up its pretty incredible modern version of the top down turn driven RPG).
With gaming occupying only 10% of my free time that means Battlefront's not going to see much use (I know I used that apostrophe wrong and I don't care).

Of the other 90% of my time, currently 20% is spent clearing leaves from our property, 20% with my fishtank and the other 50% I'll cover in a new post.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:38 pm

NF
Arbiter
I've only had the chance to play for about an hour so far and I'm still on the fence. After about 5 rounds of team deathmatch I was getting a bit bored. For me the level design was really letting it down and it felt like a game of luck as to who managed to sneak up behind who all the time. But then I played an Endor map and it did redeem itself somewhat as that map is great fun.

Generally speaking I'm not that fussed about customisation or unlocking new weapons (I played quake for years and that only had six weapons and no classes) but I do see your point - it's a half hearted rehash of the BF/CoD perks and adds nothing except frustration that everyone else seems to have a better gun than me.

I'm going give it some more time, try the other game modes and see how I get on. We should try and see if we can get a few of us online together and see if a bit of team work adds anything.

Failing that I've always got CODBLOP3 to fall back on.
NF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:52 am

M.Steiner
BF4 offered more depth & customization, yeah (and of the two I preferred it). Battlefront is more mass-market and feels aimed more towards the casual gamers I think. I haven't played a ton yet as I'm still playing my new SP releases as well atm but I'm liking Battlefront a lot and as suspected, the 40 man game modes (supremacy & walker assault) are the game modes I've enjoyed most so far.

There are similarities between Battlefield & Battlefront but I am glad the latter is not just a re-skin of the former, but is a different (and great) game in its own right. If they had shared more and SW:BF was even closer to BF4 we'd be dealing with another Hardline and nobody wanted that. Even though Hardline tried to be different, it didn't feel different enough because it basically was a poor reskinned/modded version of BF4 when it came down to it. As much as I loved them in Battlefield, I wouldn't want more weapon customizations in Battlefront for example as I think what's there fits the game better tbh. I was expecting a few more options for character personalisation though I will admit.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Star Wars: Battlefront”