Question: Display Preferences

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Question: Display Preferences

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:26 pm

NewportBox
Is there a way to keep the window from scrolling far to the right when replying to posts?

Re: Question: Display Preferences

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It does that? Can you let me know what browser/resolution you've viewing the forum in (by PM is fine if you'd rather not post details here)? And what platform too, if not Windows?

Also, does it do it for every thread or just select ones? If the latter, can you give me an example?

It shouldn't do that. I'll fix it if I can but need the above details in order to do that.

"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 pm

NewportBox
Odd.. it's only doing that in the Eve Online sub-forums..

Anyway, here's my specs:

Resolution - 1920x1080 @ 60

OS - Windows 7 Professional (x64)

Graphics Card - (NVIDIA) EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB OC

Thanks for the quick reply,
Newport

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Can I just check the browser too? :) Not doing it for me in IE, so it must be browser specific!

Thanks.

- Anny
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 am

NewportBox
Sure, I'm using Firefox (v. 12.0)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:28 am

Anubis
Site Admin
How does it took now? The only thread I could find it happening in using FF3.6 was this one, which upon investigation turned out to be down to an extremely long uninterrupted string value which the browser was unable to wrap (due to it being uninterrupted and several lines long). I've edited that down to a more handle-able size, which seems to have resolved it for me.

If it's still happening in that and/or other threads I'll install FF12 and investigate further with a view to potential StyleSheet issues - let me know :)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 am

NewportBox
Excellent work, Anubis. That was the exact thread I was having issues with, amazing work :)

Thanks!

Newport

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
No worries. Shout if you encounter any more issues - it's what I'm here for.

Return to “Members”