SSX Corp/Guild/Group charter

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

SSX Corp/Guild/Group charter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:52 am

SL33PY
As BlackDove mentioned... ours could use some rework.

Our values stay the same but we should update our charter to something simple, eloquent and witty.

Core values:
  • Friendship
  • Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do to you

Discuss :thumb:

Re: SSX Corp/Guild/Group charter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 pm

M.Steiner
Ignoring the "further reading" section which just links the previous stuff, don't forget that we have this which was written for a similar reason in mind. Since when I launched our TOR site I wanted something a little more up to date and specific to link people to rather than the same stuff we've had on the site for years and years. Something which tries to show off our differences to other groups out there and helps sell us.

What we could really do with doing is implementing the Join Us page onto the main site itself and then scrapping the contents of the About Us page, rewriting that page from scratch and perhaps renaming it to our charter or something instead. Eventually (when we get back on track with it as a group) we need to add a History page to the main site as well. That is where I wanted our interactive timeline to go.

(Can't remember how this used to read as I haven't re-read it yet but for reference - this was the SSC Charter we had up on our site some 10 years ago)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:32 pm

BlackDove
I've written shit like this more times than I can count, so it's up to you.

But if you want something to look at, this is it:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/SGLSC

Manifesto and the charter's only downside is verboseness and formality, but other than that, way better than anything we ever had.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:32 pm

M.Steiner
They do seem like a very like minded group going by their page. I do think though that the "Join Us" page I linked above does a similar job at explaining the same stuff for us and describing us as a group, just in a less formal way. We did that on purpose as we wanted to keep things simple. We could probably add a few additions to that like not discriminating against gender, race etc (which we already do for age and activity levels) for example but if we had a separate page for a group charter and/or manifesto I'm not sure what purpose they would have on top of the Join Us page tbh?. Except for going into things in more depth and giving people more to read in the process. I dunno.. Got some ideas of what we'd write on there that's different to what we have on the Joining page?

Will be good when we have our timeline on there too tbh. We should get back to that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:32 pm

M.Steiner
So Anny and I have been busy working on this new main site of ours as many of you will know from the requests thread. In the meantime though, would anyone like to volunteer and help write a new SSX Charter for us?. If we're going to have one then I think it would be most appropriate to have that launch on the new site when it is ready to go live, rather than launch it with our existing "About Us" page contents. Ideally it would be nice to have the timeline ready for then too but that's going to require a lot more work from the group as a whole so that will have to come later... No reason why we couldn't launch with a new charter though if someone is willing and thinks they could manage it! - Examples posted above by BD and we have stuff in the Join Us thread which can be made use of too.)
If someone is up for giving that a go feel free to post it up when you're done and we can have a read over it and see if we think anything needs adding/changing or whatever :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Fraid not from my perspective. Got enough on my plate with the redesign haha :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 pm

M.Steiner
I was thinking we'd just wipe the contents of the About Us page clean, paste the newly written charter in there (written by whoever fancies doing that) and rename the page. Or we could leave it named as "About Us" if renaming it to Charter will cause extra work with Nav/links. Since that page will need transfering over to the new site at some point anyway it made sense to me to replace its contents at the same time :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 am

SL33PY
dare I ask BD?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:43 pm

M.Steiner
Well, I know BD has been the one to write stuff like this for us before but at least if he's the one writing it he can make sure he's completely happy with what we put up on the site. Up to him though ofc. Didn't want to push the work on to anyone in particular (and Anny and I are already doing the new site stuff) but would be nice if someone volunteered :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:45 pm

M.Steiner
Since we've had no takers on this, how about we just use the contents of the Join Us sticky for a new Charter page, rather than transferring it over to a "Join Us" page as originally planned? It can do both. Imo it covers everything the charter would do anyway, does it not?. It wasn't written that long ago and it sells us whilst explaining who we are and what we're about, without being overly drawn-out. I can't think of anything that should be in there which isn't either, unless anyone else has any suggestions?. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:16 pm

SL33PY
put in just the quote, the rest is far away history, there is however a small change needed on the use of voice comms. It should read, depending on the game voice comms might be required

In eve online for example we have to be regged and online on teamspeak(as per alliance reqs) and on mumble if we fleet up with the cfc (our coalition of alliances)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:06 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:put in just the quote, the rest is far away history
Where abouts would you put "the rest is far away history"? :)

(Updated the voice comms part too)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:14 pm

SL33PY
Join us post = charter

the rest is under History where you can have the timeline and the full history lined out

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:Join us post = charter

the rest is under History where you can have the timeline and the full history lined out
Going to do this for now :) We can always amend at a later date if we like, but think this is our best route forward for now!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Members”