Blood+

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Blood+

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:09 pm

Stracius
So I've been keeping up with this anime for a while. Really have enjoyed it, but noticed it's only been mentioned in passing once in this forum. So anyone else keeping up with it other than Sil? I'd have to say it's quite an offshoot of the movie, but they did a damn good job with it. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:33 pm

BlackDove
Saw the first few episodes.

Didn't strike me as anything orignial so I gave it up. She gets red eyes and pwns stuff. I assume episode 26 features a boss-mob that she has to defeat, and she does, and it's all over, but then a last minute scene happens where it turns out it's not really all over so they can make Blood ++

Meh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Stracius
BlackDove wrote:I assume episode 26 features a boss-mob that she has to defeat, and she does, and it's all over, but then a last minute scene happens where it turns out it's not really all over so they can make Blood ++
Nope. I dunno if I should say much, as this might be a spoiler, but eh. You'll live. She actually meets her sister. No climax with an escape. And the series isn't really about her turning into this badass and owning.

She's actually pretty weak for the most part, though she does go berserk once or twice. One of the main conflicts is her struggle with who she is, and what she is. That and trying to discover her past, and coping with it. I'd recommend giving it another shot, but that's up to you.

I should mention that it's a 52 ep series though, and there hasn't been a season break. It's up to 37 atm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:28 am

Futile Resistance
Hrm... Sounds like things pick up after season 1 then.

I saw the original Blood Movie before the anime series, and the first 20 episodes were yawn after yawn.

I guess I'll wait until the series is done and marathon it. Sounds like the plot gets interesting down the line...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:29 pm

Drongnel
I've been watching this and really enjoying it, upto episode 48 now though it did take till around ep 20 to really get going, I don't want to give too much away but that first fight between the Sif and the chevalier was awesome!
'I Thought what i'd do is i'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes'

Drongnel 60 Dorf hunter (Miner/Engineer)
Ank 38 Gnome mage (Engineer/Tailor)
Dinkl 38 Gnome rogue (Skinner/Leatherworker)
Tamburlaine 22 Dorf Pally (Miner/Blacksmith)
Fayed 20 Nelf Drood (Enchanter/Skinner)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:46 pm

BlackDove
Much like the rest of you, same impressions.

I have mixed feelings about this one.

On one hand, the premise and the story are very well thought out. No doubt about it. Everything from the history to the way it was implemented through the "present" and the "future" was given a lot of attention to detail. The character development is also flawless, but that is helped by a large negative trait of the Anime which is its extremely slow progression.

On the other hand, a lot of the Anime seems to be uneventful. And that's ignoring the first 21-22 episodes which were a pure waste of space. They could've given her her memory back near the start and just skip through the whole;

"I'm scared, now I'll kneel on the floor and yelp while everyone's getting killed. Even though I'll have the ability to turn my red eyes on and off like a switch later in the Anime for some unexplained reason, right now I can't do that because people need to be killed for dramatic effect."
"Saya, are you alright? Look at how calm and chilled I am like a true vampire, for no real character driven reason whatsoever. Maybe if you wait for 20-30 episodes, you'll be able to understand me as a character, but until then you'll have to accept how cool and empty I am for granted."

"I'm scared, now I'll kneel on the floor and yelp while everyone's getting killed. Even though I'll have the ability to turn my red eyes on and off like a switch later in the Anime for some unexplained reason, right now I can't do that because people need to be killed for dramatic effect."
"Saya, are you alright? Look at how calm and chilled I am like a true vampire, for no real character driven reason whatsoever. Maybe if you wait for 20-30 episodes, you'll be able to understand me as a character, but until then you'll have to accept how cool and empty I am for granted."

Ad infinitum

Now, the fact that half of the Anime is coma inducing, the good sort of cancels out the bad, and I'm left with sort of an empty feeling. Neither really permeate to give a clear picture.

The only way I'd recommend this one is if you watch it in Marathon-Style as I have, about 10-15 episodes per day. It IS interesting as far as plot points go, but you really need to sit there and WANT to get to the end of it to tolerate the downsides, which are the intensive waiting as the cogs of the story slowly turn.

Return to “Anime”