I often go around in games exploring and looking for screenshot opportunities, a lot of which I've posted here over the years. The avid gaming photographer in me always comes out when I'm playing a pretty game, and especially if the game has a photo mode available heh. My screenshots have often been spread across different threads or sections of the forum though so I thought it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread especially for them. I imagine I'll be the main poster in here given the amount of screenshots I tend to take but it'd be great if more of you join in too, even just to comment on stuff if you don't have any screenshots to share yourself!
RULES - PLEASE READ
- No major spoilers for any brand new releases. We don't want people avoiding the thread due to fear of having a new game spoiled for them. That's not cool.
- Name the game your screenshots are taken from along with its platform. It may not be obvious for some titles and they may encourage some of us to want to check them out!
- No limit to the amount of consecutive posts you can make, or the amount of screenshots per post, at least for now. If there's something you wanna share, share it. Any forum activity is good activity.
- Post 2 screenshots on each line so as to help reduce thread scrolling (see some of my posts below as an example).
- Try to limit your compression if possible. For example: Please don't take a jpg screenshot only to upload it to Facebook or Twitter and then share it here. If the screenshot was taken as a jpg then it is likely already compressed, but sites like FB & Twitter apply their own compression on top of that, further destroying the image you've just taken. Compressed screenshots won't be removed or anything (and I don't want to discourage sharing) but as we're sharing art it would be preferable to view them without compression. GeForce Experience & FRAPS can save as PNG, as can both PS4 & Steam if you enable them. For PS4, hit the share button, then options and you'll find PNG under "Image format" of screenshot settings, you will then need to transfer your images to a USB stick & upload them. For Steam - go to "View > Settings > In-Game and tick "Save an uncompressed copy". This will save a PNG in your screenshot folder as well as a compressed jpg (the latter of which are the ones which can be uploaded to your Steam gallery so you will need to upload the uncompressed screenshots elsewhere). - You may then want to convert that PNG to a full-quality non-compressed jpg to reduce their filesize a bit. Up to you.
- Use a host such as flickr. They offer 1TB of free storage, the ability to organize your screenshot library into individual game albums and most importantly, they don't compress your images themselves when you upload to them.
Looking forward to seeing what games you guys are playing and decide to share screenshots of and I hope you enjoy what I end up sharing in here too. Discussion is welcome and encouraged!