Disbanding the guild?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Disbanding the guild?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:23 pm

Inquisitor
Did I get your attention?

Good.

There seems to be alot going on in SSX WoW these days. People leaving to join "hard core" general grumblings, struggling for a direction...

Alot of stuff going on, and none of it seemingly being discussed here, apart from the occasional flare up over loot or people leaving. No substative, sane, calm conversations

You folks have to decide what you want to do, and that decision cannot include alienating each other, or creating elite guilds that progress at any costs. Like it or not, you are part of the SSX, and that does carry with it some responsibilities. if you need to disband to keep your integrity, then you should consider that.

There are 100ish folks by all accounts, and only a fraction of them can I name by name. That's a problem.

The things I hear, people want to progress, but can't for various reasons. You have people coming and going, lots of second, third and forth chances, lots of struggling to determine what your goals are. Some complaints about people "coasting" not pulling their wieght. Some condemnations about people not interested in helping lower level folks. Alot of conflicting things.

Is it time to call it quits for the SSX in WoW EU? Do the "hard core" players need to do what saman et al just did? Quit and join a guild that can "meet their needs"?

Is WoW too selfish a game to allow for the more social types of groups we "prefer" in the SSX? Do you really need to recruit hundreds of morons just to get enough raw numbers to "progress"?

Is progressing at the expense of our identity really worth it? Can the goals of progression live side by side with our (sometimes unspoken) standards?

I expect to see more than 50 different people respond to this thread. Not 5 response from the same 10 people, 50 actual, unique users that represent actual unique people. If you have 120 members, and even everyone has 2 characters, that should be easy to accomplish. The future of your guild and your in game experience relies on it. If you don't care, you should /gquit and be done with it. This limbo that the group seems to be in now needs to end.

Bring the conversation out into the light and figure out who actually cares enough to see it through. Can this work in WoW, and are you willing to put the effort and time in to make it work? Or should you call it quits and just be proud of what you accomplished together?

-edit-
Be forewarned, I will aggressively moderate this. I shouldn't have to tell you what that means.

-edit2-
I'd also appreciate it if we let the players who play comment first, and, if the other SSX mods let me moderate this for now. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Inquisitor on Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:40 pm

Sofia
I have been away now for a long time & thus im not *in touch* anymore with the WoW-EU group in total or the current mood. Except some chit chat with close friends.

However, if i should decide to go active again when the add-on hits the shelf... something i cant decide yet, because theres too much going on irl for me... i wouldnt want to see a shattered guild (no pun intended).

TBC will bring a lot of relief for the social part of the game. Raidcaps are lowered to 25, group pvp arena thingy... All in all if a decision is about to be made, i would probably vote for a solution which will leave a ~30-40ppl close knit guild ready to head for TBC.

I have no intention to leave SSX-WoW, but i guess you could figure that so much. My question is: If its crumbling, why not let it crumble for another few months & see what TBC brings along?

There you have at least ONE accountholders oppinion, quiz.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:42 pm

Valar
I agree with this. Even tho I like raiding very much, I wouldnt think of leaving the guild if we stopped progressing for a while. End of SSX will mean end of WoW for me.. not rerolling, cba to lvl another char to 60.

-Kippensoep
Last edited by Valar on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:42 pm

Caspae
Well... Pff :X. Not entirely unexpected a thread like this would pop up. I agree the current WoW SSX EU guild is having a fair amount of troubles ,however , there are a very fair amount of people who ARE standing up to SSX standards so a Guild Disband shouldnt be in place. There should be other solutions ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:46 pm

Nolimit
I havent been here since the start, but think of myself as a core player in SSX. I love playing with all the people in this guild, but doing the same thing day in and day out aint fun anymore. I've long considered just to stop playing WOW or migrate to another realm.
But i really don't wanna leave the people here that i love playing with, but as said WoW aint as fun as it used to be. But I wanna experience more instances and progress. I've talk to other players that feel the same aswell, they really dont want to go to a Hardcore guild because they like the freedom in SSX.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Ruhn
ok.....I havent been on my own account for a while but I have seen that there is alot going on. What happens happens to SSX-WoW eu is something I have experienced before, deja-vu?. At the moment I see the the guild as a ship, normally with a good community and good rules there is not a single problem, everyone knows how to maintain and steer the ship to the right directions. BUT, the last months? the guild was growing so rapidly and the ship became more or the less abit out of balance. More people make it harder to handle and there are always people with other targets then wat the community expects. Altough disbanding..... It makes me sad really sad, the only reason I still play WoW is ssx, so many people I really dont wanna miss I still want to play with them. I think its better to find a solution, maby Re-roll? start all over with the people who really want to? the last year SSX(ssx-WoW) has been the most important part of my gaming hobby and im certain that more people will share this.

Disband for me will mean the loss of many many friends and the end of WoW. I havent been really active as it comes to helping and organizing stuff, been so busy with work/school etc. In the beginning of my WoW life I have been guidleader and I know how extremely hard it is to keep every single person happy. So....I would like to offer my help and everything thats in my power to help SSX-WoW (the..mods?) just to keep it alive.

greetings
Ruhn/Onona
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:02 pm

saMaN
Valar wrote:I agree with this. Even tho I like raiding very much, I wouldnt think of leaving the guild if we stopped progressing for a while. I actually cant believe they did this. Looks to me like they dont care about the people in this guild at all, they just care about the loot. Dont get me wrong, i liked al 3 of em, it just puzzles me why they did this. :shake: :weird:

-Kippensoep
I left the guild with 900dkp Kippensoap(Gwai?). I very much doubt I'll get any loot in sinisters for along time and don't expect to.

Did you even bother to read my post?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:06 pm

SoulSeeker
SSX-WoW nowadays is about loot..greed if you will and it wasnt always like that when we were lvl'ing up.

My opinion is we should ban raiding....that means when were bored we can help eachother...if we want to raid , sure we can raid in other guilds like QD used to do.

Some ppl will frown at no raids and might decide to leave but in the end the guild will survive and be what it was ment to always be...a social group of FRIENDS.

Raiding is fun,but we need to learn how and alot of us now are quite good at it and are complacent hence one of the frictions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:07 pm

Arche
My story:

More then a year ago. I was kicked from Union due to inactivity. I chatted around and was still able to play enough with my friends. Gurdjieff(GD) knew what I was about, and he contacted Quantumdelta(QD). QD told me I should post on his forums, because nobody would be given a "free card due to gear and raiding experience".

When the time was near to join SSX. I got contacted by Union and Daggers of Darkness, asking if I wouldn't consider (re)-joining.

QD and Avator have both told and thaught me things about being a person, which way surpassed anything I could achieve with WoW. Mainly, if you're normal, and just another average guy, people will appreciate you more. So they helped me somewhat being less of a somewhat highclass prick :P.

Mainly, this entire story pointed me to one small fact. It's not what you achieve, it's who you achieve it with. I'd rather watch Naxxramas movies then do it with Union, Sinisters. I didn't rejoin Union, because I would have everything made easy.

The guild gave me opportunities, The guild helped me to equip myself, The guild helped me to make some personal developments. Plainly said:

I'll stay in SSX even if I'm the last one there. I'd sh*t on every raid attempt not made with fellow ssx members, who made me grow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Ruhn
Arche wrote: I'll stay in SSX even if I'm the last one there.
You wont be alone
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:19 pm

Janell
I've talked to a lot of people about this issue lately, I've come to the conclusion that I will no longer commit myself to this game, at least not untill TBC comes out and even then, what guarantee do we have but Blizzard's guarantee. We have got to realise that being SSX is more then being part of the WoW guild. And even though how much I hate this, if we're in need of disbanding, then disbanding it is.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:22 pm

Azula
I don't feel there is any immediate cause for concern, the people who have just left have done so imo out of greed and maybe a "grass is greener" attitude.

It is a dissapointing thing to happen but I feel we have created a rod for our own back with the amount of members we have and in particular in the classes we have.

Having a guild with 8 people who all say their main is a Warrior (example) is never going to be healthy if they all want to play and all want to see loot & progression.

I have been very carefull to make sure I can play more than one class at the highest level so that I can see more raid time which is what I enjoy. However I can appreciate that people may only like one class or not have time to level more than one character.

I have been in the guild for a while now and will not be leaving anytime soon.
Azula - Night Elf Hunter Lvl 60 - Outland
Ariake - Human Mage Lvl 60 - Outland
Jingles - Dwarf Warrior Lvl 60 - Outland
Taera - Human Rogue Lvl 60 - Outland
Akikio - Caldari Destroyer Pilot - Eve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:22 pm

Delphic
i've seen this epix ho ( progression ho) thing alot , no offence to the guys that left , cause i can see u want 2 progress and that but many peep joined SSX for the community / friends they have in here ( non hardcore ) and i think that peep shud respect that SSX is a nice community and not a hardcore raiding guild like Death and tex and others, if u want 2 be hardcore etc etc u shud have quit this guild a long time ago ! :weird:

btw ill never leave this guild , i <3 it here^^
<<<<<<<<<<<< AEQUNTAS KEKEKKK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:24 pm

Lightforge
I couldn't agree more with some of Inquisitors observations.. SSX EU-WoW has some clear identity problems. We focus a lot on End game content.. Yet we are not a raiding guild.. Though all the end game content in this game is mostly raiding.

We have lost many good people to other guilds, all great players, good friends and individuals that has contributed a lot to the community of SSX EU-WoW. Many of which left us to see the part of the game we have denied ourselves for a long time(Naxx etc) and I understand them.

We shun most people that wants to join if they tell us about their gear because we aren't a "raiding guild" even though we have a quite busy raiding schedule.. These people might have fit into the guild just as good or better than all the people that have joined with "ubrs gear" that we now have to spend several months to gear up as we lose other members setting us back. Sure we shouldn't just recruit anyone with 8/8 tier 2 but turning them down just because they have it before even getting to know them isn't the right way to do it.

We have to face that WoW is a VERY limited MMORPG with little freedom compared to games like Ultima Online where your own imagination is the limit, in WoW the limit is set by Blizzard. We do the same stuff week after week after week. It doesn't take that much to progress in this game and to be honest this game is all about the progress you make otherwise it's pretty much like playing the same single player game a billion times. Games get boring when you have seen it all and if SSX is all about friendship we wouldn't bother about the end game content.. We would just enjoy doing UBRS over and over, or maybe just grind tyrs hand together 24/7. Sounds boring doesn't it? Infact.. Do we even need WoW or gaming when we can just sit on ventrilo and socialize?

What it all sums down to is that I think theres nothing wrong with having dedicated raiding in this guild as long as we avoid letting it get in the way of having a good and friendly community. We shouldn't forget that we are playing a game and games get boring NO MATTER HOW GOOD FRIENDS you have in it.
Last edited by Lightforge on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.. I didn't know about the set when I made the character! :|

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:25 pm

Valar
saMaN wrote:
Valar wrote:I agree with this. Even tho I like raiding very much, I wouldnt think of leaving the guild if we stopped progressing for a while. I actually cant believe they did this. Looks to me like they dont care about the people in this guild at all, they just care about the loot. Dont get me wrong, i liked al 3 of em, it just puzzles me why they did this. :shake: :weird:

-Kippensoep
I left the guild with 900dkp Kippensoap(Gwai?). I very much doubt I'll get any loot in sinisters for along time and don't expect to.

Did you even bother to read my post?
Sorry for that Sam, I just read your post, after replying this one, and I do understand why you left. Again sorry for the misunderstanding, I was just confused.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:26 pm

Sondemon
SoulSeeker wrote:My opinion is we should ban raiding....
I had the same idea, or simillar, stop raiding the way we do now, scheduled, dkp wise etc. Just raid when we feel like it, when we have ppl.

As Shingen says many won't like this perhaps, but those truly SSX at heart will stay, I for one will always stay, I love the SSX.

And no Arche, you don't get to be the only one left standing, no matter how much you'd like it! I'll be there aswell until the end of days! :P

I'll make a post later about my view on things..
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:30 pm

Fearknot
ok then...
as i have explained to alot of members in the guild...
"I did not join SSX for raiding at all, i don't even care if it turns out i can't raid, all i would like is to be part of a guild that likes to have fun, and mess about as much as i do." :lol:
i can say for sure that i have offered help when ever i can, even times when i would do more bad than good hehe.
soo... what i am trying to say is that
1. i think this guild is great and i would never leave it for any reason (unless i was kicked, then i would cry)
2. i <3 everyone :)
3. i really think that we should stick together.
well sry in advance if anyone does not like what i have said
love you all
Wez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:32 pm

Ruhn
Sondemon wrote: I had the same idea, or simillar, stop raiding the way we do now, scheduled, dkp wise etc. Just raid when we feel like it, when we have ppl.
As I can remember correct we did that ehhh half a year ago also, I think it had the desired effect, or atleast we gave it a raid break. Out of those reactions you can really see who is SSX and who is not. In my opinion we should do something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:34 pm

Charliekthx
Perhaps i'm still to new to the game to really understand this post in full, but as a member I will say something nonetheless.

Not having a lvl 60 means of course that I still have a lot to learn about the game, and i'd like to say for the record that there are players in guild who don't think they are too high to help the newbies like myself. Fearknot, Janedoe - thank you, but also thanks to the rest of the guild that put up with my constant (and perhaps idiotic sounding) questions.

Maybe being at my level means that i'm not in a position to moan about loot and raids and stuff, but I can assure you that i'm not in this guild for anything other than the friendship. I joined because some of Ben's RL friends play that I wanted to get to know, and in turn made a whole bunch of new friends. ;D

I hope the guild stays and prospers by remembering not what they have gained physically in game, but in yourself as a person. If you aren't gaining in the latter sense, then perhaps SSX is not the guild for you. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:35 pm

Devii
Personally , i dont want ssx to disband , its a great guild and community. Although three active members have left just recently , i dont see why we should disband ,as people have said above , they would rather stay in ssx and enjoy playing the game with people they like / get on with, then join "hardcore" guilds just because they are further progressed then us. I also think we shouldnt stop raiding , as ofc it apart of the game. Raiding with the guild is what imo has let me get to know people within the guild and be able to have fun , ssx is a relaxed guild compared to others, such as if u make a mistake u will be forgiven , and not be made an outcast like some other guilds tend to do. I guess this is just one of many reasons why people love ssx so much. Cant really think of anything else to say

<3
Deveh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:44 pm

Archon
Kek.. Well.. I vote for more activities to do together like the Gagnome race.. It will keep you off raiding and it doesn't need a specific amount of people.. You can do lots of fun things. Even make a own movie.

WoW isn't just raiding :O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:54 pm

luzid
devii you took all my words, i totaly agree with devii.

<3 all in ssx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:08 pm

Arche
I don't like where this is going. Choices made by 'the infamous three' (sorry saman I felt in a kekky mood) were made for one choice I could see. Game-enjoyment.

Do you think Saman, Grumpeh and Aluk will be alienated? Only from the persons who never took the time to sit down and chat with them.

I don't enjoy the "Starve before you feed" tactic. I'd rather take another direction.

See which people and which classes you have, when where and how. It's not that bad to blatantly organise people who way surpassed the ssx standard. And why not start a tad more active, yet incredibly restricted application system?

Heavier trials, people showing that they took the time to sit down and chart with the person joining our guild. Alienation has indeed becomer a big problem. But I also think people are stopping with wow because of one reason:

[b]WOW[/b]-SSX isn't able to challenging raids anymore. If we find solutions to this, I think we will make the guild way more vibrant.

My 2 cents,

Arche[/b]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:13 pm

Losty
I like raiding. But I like SSX more.

If the guild was disbanded... what would I do? Well, first of all... I would have to add A LOT of people to my friends list. I know it's been said before, but SSX is so much more than a guild. It's a friendship.

A guild is just a bunch of friends under the same banner. Would they not be friends without the banner? I agree that we can't keep dragging each other in two opposite directions, something has to be done. Disband the guild? Shouldn't be necessary imo. If you really want to leave to be able to experience WoW end-game content, no one can stop you. And I for one wouldn't blacklist a person just because of that.

Anyway, whatever happens, We should all keep the spirit of the SSX, cause it's AWESOME! :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:22 pm

Zebohraath
Atm I'm just writing down a text without thinking or w/e, just letting my own thoughts out.
I've seen an issue in the SSX-Wow group a long time now, and I'm not suprised of our current status in the guild. There are too many ppl heading to different directions.

-There are, if I may say so, dedicated raiding ppl who want to progress, even if it sacrifices the community, simply beacuse they have NOTHING to do in-game other than raiding and exploring new content.

-There are "casuals" who play the game a few hours a day just beacuse it's fun and enjoy playing with friends.

-Then we have ppl who are a little of both. Playing a few hours a day and expects to be in the "end-game raids", though not work even close as much for progress, than the "raiders". (excuse me but I can't find any other word for them)

What I want to achieve in Wow
I want to have fun. Playing with ppl I like, and enjoy vent conversations.
But atm the only thing for me thats left is raiding. THAT is the thing that makes me wanna continue this game. Do not take this as "I WANT EASY EPIX", plz. I hope that none is having that picture of me.

But I want progress, see things I've not seen yet. Try to push the limits for what I am and what I can do.
I will not deny that I have struggled the last weeks, wondering what to do.

SSX is a unique guild. I think we have one of the best communities on Outland, and even though we focus soo much on friendship and respect, we have accomplished soo much, raidingwise. That I am very proud to have been a part of.
My time in SSX has been the most giving time in gaming ever, but things are changing and I feel lost.

Final words
I think something must be done quick to continue as a guild that is still raiding.
The idea of splitting the guild up with raiding part and casual part could be one solution. But it may also be totally crap (what do I know).

I love what SSX stands for and I will only leave that if I'm being asked to, but if something's not happening in Wow-ssx, I dunno anymore..... :(
Vilse i Pannkakan

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”