Starting out..

The world of Rubi-Ka awaits!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Starting out..

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:35 pm

NF
Arbiter
Image[/img]

Just a few things on the gui you might like to know..

1: The quickbar, your most useful tool on your screen. For some people they may have started the game without this showing (happens occasionally) or might have closed it since, to bring it back press "y". To use simply drag the item you want a shortcut to and then when you want to use it either click on the icon or use 1-9 keys (not numeric keypad). Shift+1-9 will change to a different set of shortcut buttons. You can add nano/health chargers, items with special abilities, nano programs, attack commands, basically anything you want.. Have a play with this and get comfortable with it, its good to be able to use it quickly. To remove an item just drag it off the toolbar.

2: The main communication window. This can get pretty cluttered so you want to do a few things.. First if you right click on the text a chat menu will come up from here you can many things, most importantly unsubscribe to channels you dont need.. Personally I can't turn the newbie and OOC channels off fast enough as generally they're full of irritating people asking for money or just being annoying, the more channels you can shed the better it is to keep track of the important stuff like combat, org chat (not available until we form org though) and vicinity.
The other bit that is quite useful is the "chat configuration" option on the menu. This will allow you to create new chat windows so you can divide things up a bit which leads me onto 3....

3: This is completely upto you but I like to have a separate window for team chat and tell messages (direct person to person messages).. as you'll be using them alot and you dont want too much chatter scrolling them fast so you have to scroll up every five seconds to see whats been said.

4: This is my lvl 32 doctor "Rhorek"

5: I mention this cos it took me a while to realise myself that you actually have two maps, the large map ('m') is only really for getting your bearings when travelling long distances for missions and secondly is your detailed map ("ctrl+6") which shows your vicinity like number 5 in pic above. It starts very basic with only a few maps but you can upgrade and get more maps or added features like showing monsters and terminals or whether the creature ahead will attack on sight.. To upgrade your map put some points into "Map Navigation" when you level... good for keeping track of team members while hunting.

6: The entrance to the subway in Rome. At the early levels this is the main place for getting XP up to level 25. Starts off fairly simple and gets harder the deeper you go.. Watch out for creatures swarming rather than attacking individually and some attack on sight. When you leave Newbie island (hopefully after joining Omni) you'll end up on a straight road in sight of the subway so just mooch on down to begin the party.

(small note: Dungeons like the subway are run on servers of which there is multiple different "dimensions" The main impact this has that unless you enter as a team you might not neccesarily be in the same server as the each other as it will randomly place you in the least busy server.. Thus if you want to join a team mate in same subway and you're not in a team then you'll have tobe outside to meet up first or you might spend hours looking for each other.)

So people can get some juicy pics for the forum: F11 Screenshots
NF

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:08 pm

JarodRah
Wow, nicely done, except run at a higher resolution :)
Sc-Fi Gaming
Mechs
Kicking Eds butt in Lore

Return to “Anarchy Online”