Neocron - 10Tacle filed for insolvency

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:49 am

Futile Resistance
Hey... cool! DLing the client right now. Might as well make use of this time while we can.

Like MS, I'm willing to pay, so long as there're people to play with.

Guess I'll head back to lounging around the SSX chan on IRC now that I've got a game to play again :sweat:
Last edited by Futile Resistance on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:54 am

Futile Resistance
Anubis wrote:Me, you, Bigs, Riccko, Delzel, Gryph.
Crap, didn't make the list. Must've been right after I left for... FFXI? Or was it EvE? I guess that's when MS joined up... And then I came back after everyone left.

*sigh* Me and my timings... :smack:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Lee
I have holy heal bp and parts as thats what i was doing too before I expired. earnt a couple of mill for clan bank during the furnishing stages...

anywho. stop ruining my awesomely low post count now!!!
Eeks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:34 pm

M.Steiner
btw clan apartment(s) - http://www.shatteredstar.org/forums/vie ... php?t=5213 :) (Should be in the same lift location as your primary FA apartment is now.

Gonna login later this evening and checkout some of my characters to see if i can turn one of them into a decent enough barter. If i can and we can find anny a tool we could mebbe try building some batches of stuff this weekend if we can afford all the parts. Tis just getting past that initial frustrating part of getting the stuff you need again and learning how to play all over again heh.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Lee
just logged on and put some droner imps in my res char....
psiro did a double take, asked about the old ssx folks.

(be prepared for imps and armour to be different weapon types to the weapons you have -its like they made it this way!!)
Eeks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:32 pm

M.Steiner
I sent you a dm a bit since mate (bout 25mins) but you must've missed it or had gone afk at the time, only stopped on for a few mins though just to see if i could login alright. Anny & myself are planning to login later on though so one of us will dm you again and invite your characters to the non retirement home :)

Once we've managed to make a few mil profit for ourselves and put some in the bank too i can see myself playing my droner again once he's got some aoe drones. Graves was one of my favourite places so i'd likely go there for old times sake.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Futile Resistance
Sweet! I logged in and crashed the client within 10 seconds.

<3 this game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Phrank T Phish
wish i could get in there with you but my main beast is still out of action, im running this old piece of crap that struggles to run even the most basic java games.

i remember back in the day, before i even heard of SSX/C, making batches of rhinos and hovertechs to sell with the darkgroves. i cant even imagine how many times i have re-started all new characters, would love to do it all again though lol
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:37 am

SoulSeeker
I was in NC a few months ago...couldnt remember my or our apartment passwords...tbh couldnt remember where they were.....SS has def lost his obliterator.....Blackwidow still has 900,000 nc creds, but all the armour is fu...ummm different,not sure if i can be botherd collecting it all again.Was in NC city .... watch tho Plaza 2 is now a pvp zone....lol oops

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:45 am

Anubis
Site Admin
We had a lot of fun starting off the process of getting back on our feet last night, and are planning to reroll some new characters to have some fun levelling as a group tonight :)

If anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Futile Resistance
SoulSeeker wrote:I was in NC a few months ago...couldnt remember my or our apartment passwords...tbh couldnt remember where they were.....SS has def lost his obliterator.....Blackwidow still has 900,000 nc creds, but all the armour is fu...ummm different,not sure if i can be botherd collecting it all again.Was in NC city .... watch tho Plaza 2 is now a pvp zone....lol oops
Yea, alot of us are having trouble recalling what our apt passes are (so much for the all my rare parts cabs). I came back with an APU psi core instead of a PPU one on my passive monk, and some of my buffs spells have all turned into psi combat coosters :shake:

All in all, still fun so far. The new changes to shelter (being split to two spells) almost cost me in Plaza 2's zone fighting earlier today - only had one of the spells :sweat:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:50 am

M.Steiner
I didn't even know about the new shelter spells, looks like the holy shelter i had has turned into another spell. Only thing is the name of this new spell i now have is Holy Resoreer (i think, text is awkward to read). Can't find any info on it what so ever, not even on google. Tis tl 95 and the spell info says it protects against energy/xray.. Looked on THN and there's a Holy Absorber that says that does the same, and of the same tl, so no idea why mine's called that lol. Doesn't really matter though since i don't plan on playing a healer anytime soon. [Edit: Its actually holy absorber, just find it bloody hard to read :p)

Prolly a good idea for us to find a quieter area to level in tomorrow as well rather than a Plaza2 cellar, popped in there just before i logged off to head to bed for some chappy to fire a rocket at my face :p A fellow FA guy had just warned me seconds before that the zone was popular for pvp now too heh.
Last edited by M.Steiner on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:41 am

Gryphon
RAAARGH! PHAYSE WANT SMASH!

:thumb:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:14 am

Futile Resistance
^ Does that mean someone's about to grace us with his presence? ^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:18 am

Gryphon
Futile Resistance wrote:^ Does that mean someone's about to grace us with his presence? ^
It means someone will be getting the client today, and probably online tomorrow.

Busy Gryph day today.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Been chatting to MS today about a few things that have been brought up, and that we had discussed privately over the weekend, and thought I should clearly lay out my views on them - to let people know where my thoughts are currently and to give them a chance to voice theirs.

The idea is being bandied round (expectedly, since again myself and MS mentioned it to each other before we'd even gotten ingame) that we should start up a new clan as the old one is, once again, mostly inactive. Currently, I do not see the need to do so. There is a case to do so, certainly, that we should probably consider in the future - but we've only been back in the game a matter of days right now. My opinion is that we should leave it another couple of weeks or so, and then re-evaluate the situation. We may have all lost interest again by then, we may still be going strong - and if we're all still having fun, and a few of us want to stay long term, lets look at it again then. Right now though, it feels too soon for me. I don't particularly want to spend days sorting out a new clan, it's ranks, roster, apartment, supplies, etc, only for half of us to get bored and leave next Monday. Personally, I would much rather be spend the time having fun and making cash as we have been doing.

Tying into this, I also feel I should comment on my overall position re: the game. The impression I have been getting (correct me if I am wrong) is that some are seriously considering or already decided upon resubscribing when the free time ends. I think I should make it clear that at present I am doing neither, and am simply treating the game as "fun for now" currently. When an end to the free time is in sight *then* I will make a decision, but it is very unlikely to happen before. I am not sure how many of us are in the same position, but I think that we should try to be aware of it before we start making any large plans for the clan. As I said above, there is little point us (for example) starting up a new clan and putting hours into it when 3 of us have already decided we won't be staying long term. I think we all need to make our positions clear on this point.

The group website/forum has also been raised. I have to admit that I was not even considering either of these things yet. If people want the old NC website/forum (or even a new website, which I am told is being made for us) to be brought online again, I have no problem with that. It is a very small and very easy task to do so, and even with replacing the old website with a new one I could probably do it in about 10 minutes or so.
I do have to admit that I haven't even been thinking of the forum/website yet though, and I think with us having been back in the game for less than a week again we may be rushing things. Of course, I'm currently seeing my time in NC just as a small group of us having fun rather than seriously devoting time to ressurrect the clan - so that view may perhaps be clouding my opinion on this matter. As I say I am happy to reactivate them if people want me to, but I think it important that we don't get too far ahead of ourselves - again I would probably suggest we wait at least a couple of weeks and see how we feel then before doing anything.

I've also chatted to MS about the possibility of recruiting a bit, but I am not going to discuss this as of yet. I think it important that we address the above points first, determine where we are going and how each of us is approaching the game, before we seriously consider recruitment at all.

So this is open for people to throw their thoughts out there. This is as good a place as any to discuss them, and since some of us (me in particular) have limited time ingame at the moment due to other committments, we may well not get the opportunity to properly discuss them ingame. We should try to make sure everyone is on the same page, or at least everyone knows what pages other people are on ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:32 pm

M.Steiner
I've already let a few of you know my thoughts on the above but i'll post them here as well just so it's clear and to join the discussion on the proposed.

Firstly the suggestion of making a new clan for ourselves and getting an unfurnished apartment. - I'm certainly not against this idea for a start, and as already mentioned Anny and myself had already briefly talked about this before we'd installed the client. I'd agree with Anny here that we should leave it a few weeks or up until whenever the free time runs out before we make a decision on this. If we went ahead with it right now and come that time some of us have already become bored, fed up with the game or just don't plan on subscribing, the entire process would have been a waste of all our time and we'll just end up with a third inactive clan to add to the list. If however by then we're all still having fun and can see ourselves enjoying our time in the game long enough to decide to subscribe again, i'd be all for a clean start. If we all decide to stay in the end we'll have plenty of time for doing this, and decorating the new place (can i help plz?! lol :p)

My position - Right now i can safely say i've been having a lot of fun playing again with you guys and i still plan to keep playing for the time being, but like i said on the other page and like Anny, right now that's just until the free time ends. I may be having fun now but come a week or two or whenever the free playtime ends i could be fed up with the game again or have already stopped playing (this is also the longest i've lasted going back to the game before getting bored or annoyed).
I wouldn't like to say right now that i plan on staying longterm just going by the fact i've been having fun so far as it's only been a matter of days and i don't wanna get peoples hopes up thinking i'll be staying. However, if by then i'm still having lots of fun, there's still people to play with, and i can see myself continuing to have fun for a while yet, then i would definitely consider subscribing again. If i did decide to do that, it wouldn't be straight away as i said on the other page too, i've got some other things that i planned on buying when i had some money spare so NC would have to wait. Cheap as it may be now too, one of my accounts would be no use without the other if i wanted to keep myself afloat, i'd have to subscribe them both.

Bringing the NC Forum/Website back online - I was quite surprised to hear one was already being prepared for us tbh as the forum hadn't really crossed my mind let alone a website hehe. I'll be honest and say though that we may be jumping the gun a bit getting on the hopes that we're all going to be resubscribing. I wouldn't like people to have had their time and effort wasted if in the end we've got no plans to stay and it's just been a bit of plain fun for nostalgia like i'm treating it right now. I don't see any harm in putting said website up though now that it's being worked on since it can just as easily be brought down again if/when we stop playing though. Forum however, i'd say we're rushing ahead of ourselves here too personally and imo we should just stick with discussing NC on irc,ingame and in this thread. Right now it's just based on having fun whilst the free time allows us, nothing set in stone as for our future plans just yet. But like the new clan proposition, if we all do decide to stay then keeping the site online and bringing the NC forum out of the archive would be a sensible option.

All in all, there's a lot of ifs and buts right now to be making decisions on a lot of this without knowing what we may decide to do at the end of the day. For now i think it would be best to simply keep treating it as having some fun playing together whilst the free time is available and then see how we all feel once that's over. Come then we'll all have a better idea what we plan on doing. :)

(Sorry for the long post btw, it kept going & going lol)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:05 am

Futile Resistance
Good points all around.

I admit I sort of jumped into it a little too fast. Especially with school starting up again I don't know how serious I can stay with it. For now, best thing to do would probably play for fun.

Either that or once I scam enough people out of paying me for my pokes I'll buy everything for you guys :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:44 pm

TylerDurdon
good evening guys,

good to hear that you guys are back (for a short time) in nc again.

i just talked to ms and i think to fut yesterday as well.

Maybe a few of you guys remember me from the old UA days on uranus. My characters were Klitkomander and meisterjaeger from R2K.

Well, before i start this short summarize about the most important changes regarding PVP and PVE, lemme say that my english is not the best. Give me a chance please :)

Maybe it will help you to find a few answers regarding the new changes.

PVP:

There are 3 new shields for ppus:

White = deflector = pierce and fore
red = protector = fire , poison
blue = absorber = x-ray , energy

you can get non rare and rare ones (through tech parts), rare with higher frequenzy and better stats.

As PPU your job is the defensive part (supporting through heals, primes and shields and the new offensive part. Anti buffing (holy antibuff) and for every shield you can get a special anti buff, eg. antideflector. Its good to use them coz they dont cost that much mana as the holy antibuff does.

Setup for ppus and apus:

Intelligence: PSU very important coz you get mana pool through it and as apu a bit of "aiming on spells. You can skill poking or hacking as well. For an outpost you should have about 120 hacking with spy 3 buff to hack a layer without any problems.

Strenght (for all classes)
since 2.2 you have resist pierce and resist force. THe only weapon that makes a huge value of dmg is the tanks moonstriker, the new grenade launcher (winding arguement) and the new woc 1 weapon the so called "boomstick" :) ... so you should vote for a higher amount of pierce resist because there are a lot of weapons that makes pierce dmg. e.g. the new AK 47 (woc 1 for rifle spys) and the new woc 1 pistol, the baretta.

Main dmg of all weapons ins energy these days. Nearly every armor has energy resists. You normally use the heat 3 buff in fights for most kind of setups.
From my knowledge there r only a few weapons left that makes x-ray dmg. So best thing is to wear anti gamma bones. Most important skills are poison and fire.

Dexterity:
To become a pure fight char you shold have a good number of points in atlethics and agility to get a very fast run speed. (very important these days)
Hightech combat is very important for tanks, spys and pe s - 1. its main requirement of nearly all weapons and if you skill more points you ll get a higher frequenzy and aiming on your weapons.

PSI:

As a tank you cant use any kind of psi spells anymore. As PPU and APU you dont need to skill PPW if you use a psi core and a ds because you get your mana pool from PSU in INT. Focussing is aiming and frequency / dmg on spells. Same as in PPU / APU.

WOC 1:

To get the new BLACK SILVER /GOLD PAs and a lot of new, very powefull weapons, you need to activate woc 1 / woc 3 (woc 3 only for a pa)

woc 1 = 257 million total xp in main skill
woc 3 = 610 million total xp in main skill

The requirements of woc are:

Master of your current faction,
1 woc disc for woc 1, 2 for woc 2, 3 for woc 3
2 million credits each woc lvl

Lom Pills:
if you buy "1" you get 10
there s no time you waste during loming, its instant
you only lose xp for every klick.
if you want to test setups on old characters, go to Neofrag. you wont lose xp through it.

To make a good setup, use the neo neoskill, you can find a link somewhere in the official neocron forums, i think somewhere in runner announcments.

Vehicles
every kind of - crap - no more use for it

PVE
All mobs do a lot of more dmg now, especially those spider bots, firre mobs, the poison shaman, and those "running backward guys " inside regants legacy (sector E3).
All mobs have "inner shields" you need to shot down first. After a few shots you do a lot more dmg.

PVP
Only spys and tanks with grenade launcher can do stacks on persons now. They are running and do dmg through a syncronizing now. Same to heals and heal nanites.

Very powerfull these days are rifle and pistol spys. These guys run very fast make a lof of dmg with a very high frequenzy but as you knwo they dont have the best con requirements.

Apus are fu++++ up these days. They do a lot of dmg with fire apoc, holy pestilence and holy frustration (old ppu freeze but no freeze effect). No good con setups and not that fast without drugs.

Tanks are true war machines. Fast, good con setup, a lot of dmg with cs in pvp and the new creed in pve. Very good area weapon is the new rare grenade launcher called winding arguement.

PEs are ok, but not that powerfull as spys these days. Depends on who s playin.

PPUs have two different specifications as i described in the notes before. There is no shit buffing any more because you can overcast better shields to yourself. You can overcast shields on your own ppl when these shields are running.

Droner is the best way to lvl a spy to woc. You can lvl to the required xp, activate woc. After that you can lome as much as you want because you ll never lose your woc lvl again.

Ok thats it. These are the most important things i know at the moment. I hope i was able to help a few of you guys. If there are any more questions, you can ask me / us or read inside the official nc forums where you ll get a lot of information as well.

I think its a bit more funnier to start with a bit knowledge about those things then starting an old game without any kind of knowledge.

Done,

kind regards

tyler aka klitkomander :)

www.r2k-ua.net

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:54 pm

Futile Resistance
Thanks for the post Klit! VERY helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 am

Stracius
Futile... could you please use Klitk as a nickname for him instead? :rolleyes: :sweat:
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 am

TylerDurdon
Stracius wrote:Futile... could you please use Klitk as a nickname for him instead? :rolleyes: :sweat:
lawlz :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Futile Resistance
Stracius wrote:Futile... could you please use Klitk as a nickname for him instead? :rolleyes: :sweat:
You know... That whole name thing completely flew over my head. Thanks for pointing it out :sweat:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:19 pm

M.Steiner
I'll have to remember that as well whilst posting on here cos i've called him the same for years, it just rolls off the tongue hehe :p

Thanks again for making the post Klitk, some very helpful info there and a lot i had no idea about. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:58 am

TylerDurdon
good morning ladies :)

i ve no idea who of you guys is still playin, i just came back from holidays before a short time.

Maybe a few of you realised that ste bedford and his rangers are back as well. I would say, let the war begin ....

Instead of this we are planning to do a faction meeting in TH / FA HQ next Monday, 8th September at 7pm english time (if it is to erly we ll move the time) to discuss how to handle united op wars in future.

if anyone is interested in please give me a little shout who of you will join ingame, in forums (ssx or r2k) or by msn (tyler_d@live.de).

k thx bye

tyler

Return to “General Discussions”