Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: today on Steam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Upcoming one rather than a current one this time!

A few of you know I've mentioned Penny Arcade On The Rainslick Precipice of Darkness Episode Three a few times, which was due out mid July. Well, it's now been bumped up to June 25th and Tycho has mentioned this in his post announcing that bump:
How does the 25th sound, for Steam and XBLIG? Zeboyd is throwing in Cthulhu Saves The World for Steam purchases in the first week, which I thought was sweet of them. The ports are… porting, EVEN NOW, and the PC version will have SteamPlay when Mac goes live. The trailer goes up Monday; I am trying not to be excited, to temper my expectations, but I am not doing a very good job.
So if anyone is also looking at the game (which I recommend you do as the first two were most excellent), then the first week might be a good time to buy so you can take advantage of the Steam offer :D Not sure how goot Cthulhu is but hey, a free game is a free game!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 am

Syn'n
Cthulhu is great, imagine Dragon Warrior 1-4 or Final Fantasy 1 but with Cthulhu mythos (limited) and really bad jokes. Same goes for Breath of Death VII.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
*cough*
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 am

Futile Resistance
^^ OoooooOoommmgg! I must play!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:49 am

Stracius
Steam Summer Sale.

'nuff said. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:52 pm

M.Steiner
Bought Trine 2 for £2.99! (It's one of the new community choice deals where people vote so get it whilst you can if it's something you're after, the deal ends in 2hrs 10mins :thumb:)
I doubt I'll be buying a lot from this sale as I've got eight 2012 games pre-ordered already but I'll see what the rest of the week brings :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Lee
picked up the walking dead while it was on offer. loaded it to play through the small 1st part that made up the trailers...
quite like the styling...
suprised at the speed that it plays through... long story driven pauses combined with super fast death defying choices, intwined with longer but still kinda fast options...
time flew for me, god knows how i am going to make it through...

i did learn...
..that when a letter flashes on screen it means i have to tap it... zombie = inside my face
also
your parents are dead kid, deal with it = she remembers your an asshole forever and at some point will leave you to die
i may be jumping but this takes point and click rpg to the point you wonder whether this is better than watching the TV series... though i will reserve the halo for when i have actually got further in to the game. As it stands i want all 5 now and a week off work.
Eeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 am

M.Steiner
Lee wrote:picked up the walking dead while it was on offer.
Good choice my friend!, an absolute steal at 12 quid imo :thumb:
Episode 1 was bloody great but they really raised the bar with episode 2 imo, so damn good. Really impressed with Telltale :)

Here are my choices from the first 2 eps btw (first playthrough). Spoilers betware:
Episode 1
Episode 2
As for other steam deals. I've picked up:
Trine 2
Syberia Bundle
Borderlands DLC
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Vessel
Fallout New Vegas DLC
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Bioshock
Thief: Deadly Shadows (own a boxed copy but wanted it on my steam account)
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Bloodlines (own a boxed copy too heh)
C&C3 / RA3
Age of Empires III

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
[18:02] <SSX-MS> L.A Noire for £4.99 on steam today. Grab it if you don't already own it ;)

If people haven't played that yet, I would strongly suggest you take advantage of that deal. One of the best games I've ever played.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:38 pm

M.Steiner
aye. L.A. Noire is still worth paying full retail price for imo but for just a fiver you can't go wrong really, an absolute bargain :)

Another must buy from yesterday is Thief: Deadly Shadows for just £1.74. The Thief series is one that my beloved Dishonored draws inspiration from along with other titles like Deus Ex. If you haven't played that I'd highly recommend getting it whilst it's so cheap ;)
Also The Longest Journey with -75% off is currently in the poll for the next community choice deal (which change every 8hrs) so if that wins I'll be grabbing that tonight as well. One of the very best adventure games! [Edit - It won and should become the next community choice deal in 30mins at 4pm BST]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:50 am

SL33PY
got me skyrim, got about 60 hours under the belt now :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:54 am

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:got me skyrim, got about 60 hours under the belt now :)
I am so ashamed of you :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 am

M.Steiner
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines £3.74 (-75%) for the next 7hrs 15mins.
gogogo :thumb:

I own a boxed copy of this, quite tempted to double dip to get it on my steam account as well like I did for Thief...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:38 am

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines £3.74 (-75%) for the next 7hrs 15mins.
gogogo :thumb:

I own a boxed copy of this, quite tempted to double dip to get it on my steam account as well like I did for Thief...
Now THAT is the most worth it deal I've seen in years. I already own a boxed copy myself, but everyone should own that game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 am

SL33PY
Already own the masquerade and finished it about four times already.

ps nubis, got more then 100 hours on Skyrim :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:ps nubis, got more then 100 hours on Skyrim :D
Somebody get this poor boy a straight jacket! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 am

SL33PY
I'm out of control, more than 120 hours on skyrim alone... Also started playing a bit of Arkham City

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

BlueFlames

Remember when the gaming press was trashing Microsoft for updating the XBL terms of service to include a clause denying users the right to file or participate in any class action lawsuit against Microsoft? Valve wasn't so much above taking such measures as they were above taking such measures, until Microsoft had absorbed the worst of the backlash.

Giant Bomb's piece about the EULA change

Valve's news about the change, wherein they concede that they're denying consumers' rights, in the name of avoiding nebulous, undefined "delays and expenses".

Not to put too fine a point on it, but <censored> Valve, and <censored> Steam.

[edit]
Soooo, funny thing about Steam's subscriber agreement.... It's stored locally and in plain, easy-to-read (and modify) HTML format. You can find it in [Steam directory]\public\ssa_english.htm (for English installations of Steam - other translations are in the same directory with obviously different file names).

My subscriber agreement has been renegotiated. To prevent Valve any delays or expenses, I'll just assume that they're on-board with my adjustments. I encourage others to do the same.
[/edit]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 pm

suggz
Hey guys, I just started playing Dayz the free mod for ARMA II. Super hard & realistic survival horror, and that's a big emphasis on the survival. If you cant scavenge food and water your done... you start our with nothing but an almost empty backpack and a flash light (with limited battery) no map, no weapons, no food. its permadeath if you get fragged even if by other real players, but its really not that frustrating due to the fact the average life span is 49min. I have played about 3-4 hours and still have not got my hands on any kind of proper weaponry without going down, but that will just makes it even sweeter once I do. The mod is still in alpha build so it's a bit buggy but nothing that distracting. You can check out the mod here http://dayzmod.com/ and ARMA 2 can be downloaded on steam.
"full strength like a cyclops eye drops"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:45 pm

M.Steiner
Haven't played Day Z myself but I've read and heard a lot about it, my brother and his mates have recently been playing it too. Looks quite intense to say the least! lol

These are a great read btw:
Surviving in Day Z - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
:thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:26 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Been reading reports that KOTOR 2 is now up on Steam for those of you who haven't played it and use the service.

As HK-47 would tell you, meatbags not playing the game provides him with reason to engage his assassination protocols ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 am

Kon
Did anyone pick anything up on the Autumn Sale? I got Witcher 2 and Nexus. There was a decent discount on Walking Dead but I think I'll hold out for 75% off during the Christmas sale.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:55 am

M.Steiner
Decided not to pick anything up myself just yet since I've already bought several new releases just recently, they did have some really good deals on though. Dishonored and Borderlands 2 for £14.99 (50% off) were 2 particularly good ones I remember spotting as it's not often you find new games like that so cheap on there. Well, not unless the game has tanked which neither of them did. TWD & Witcher 2 had good deals too, good choice on the latter :thumb:
Will probably grab a few games during the Christmas sale when I've got my pressie buying out of the way. I'm sure there will be something which grabs my eye :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm

M.Steiner
Arkham City GOTY edition for £3.25 anyone?

Go here and use voucher code "WINTR-SRVEY-42012" at the checkout.
It's a GMG deal but it redeems on steam. (Note that the code is single use so once you've purchased something with it the same person can't use it a second time)
Alternatively you can use the voucher against any other PC downloads they have too if you prefer. It gives 35% off and will expire this friday ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:27 pm

SL33PY
I bought hitman from GMG, but since then I can't buy anything from GMG not with my visa and not with paypal, which is odd and f*cked at the same time

Return to “General Discussions”