RIFT

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

RIFT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Whizbang
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... -rifts.ars

Not sure how many of you have been following this MMO or if you even have any interest in playing. I pre-ordered about a month ago after partaking in Beta 4 and have to say I'm quite excited for the game to be launched officially. I'm trying not to do too much in this last Beta so as to not know what to expect/look forward to in regards to areas/levels. Now I've merely to scrounge up enough cutter to get a new machine that can play this on something higher than medium settings.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: RIFT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Padishar
I preordered it as well :thumb:
Have thoroughly enjoyed beta 4 to this weeks beta 7.

Decently polished, good graphics, deep story/lore, and you get to pick and choose to play 3 (of the 32) char classes at once :cool:

I also like how either faction is fighting for the same thing (to defeat the dark one),
making neither side "evil", but each with a completely different reason for fighting the other faction in the war.
From the Guardians stand point, the gods and magic is all you need and the Defiants confusing and misunderstood technology is the reason for the weakening of the dark ones' ward.
The Defiants believe fallable bickering gods allowed a corrupted Guardian magician to misuse some Defiant technology to gain personal power, weakening the darks ones prison.

Its also kewl that if you start as a Guardian you begin your adventure killed in the past, then chosen by the gods to save the land and fight your way to the present.
Where as if you start as a Defiant you start in the destroyed future, where Guardians failed to defeat the dark one and you use tech (aka. Terminator style)
to get sent back to the present, allowing you another attempt to change history. :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 am

SSX-Andy
Been playing in beta 7. Enjoying it so far. Have also pre-ordered, has the potential to be a good fantasy mmorpg. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:16 am

Padishar
Headstart started today, downloading patch now.
Looks like a few of us will be playing on the Deepwood Server.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:02 am

Stracius
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 am

Padishar
niiice

FYI looks like they went Guardian atm, so rolled Padishar and Pad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Whizbang
Me and some mates rolled up on the Estrael server, mainly because it was one of the few that we could actually log into without a horrific queue time. We had originally played on Faeblight and yesterday at one point the wait to queue was just under 7hrs. We opted for Shadefallen as well and that one filled quickly. So here's to hoping that Estrael doesn't go bonkers too quickly.

Oh, and in case you felt like joining, I've two characters, both Defiant:

Whizbang - druid/shaman/justicar
Seamus - Bard/Ranger/Riftstalker

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:03 am

Padishar
I dont have any Defiant chars yet so will roll a couple there.

btw found this snippet on Ctrl-Alt-Del from Stracius's link:
Though RIFT launched their headstart with 30 servers, within 10-15min, all of them were full, with queues. Throughout the course of the day, Trion brought over 20 additional servers online to meet demand, all of which were showing as full through the evening. Pretty damned impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:12 am

Stracius
Just means people are getting bored with WoW. I'll be impressed if those servers remain full.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Stracius
You guys have had 2 weekends to play this one so far. I'm having trouble deciding whether the lack of posts means you're still too busy playing to update us, or if you're hoping this thread will quietly disappear :p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Whizbang
I've already made 3 Defiant characters and have them all up to 20. If you're wondering why, because I love the crafting aspect and am trying to be able to cover all the bases while the rest of the people I play with get caught up with their crafting. Out of my Cleric, Rogue, and Mage I play my Rogue the most. He's my butcher/forager outfitter with a Bard/Riftstalker/Ranger build. A bit of a jack of all trades but his main focus is on the Bard tree. Ranger was only 10 points dumped in for the passive/buff abilities and both of the basic pets. Riftstalker will be the same where I'm dumping points for passive/buff abilities. Bard has so much good stuff that I might be going back through and thinning out some of the other souls once I get towards lvl 50.

And being in a guild opens up so much more as now my friends and I are doing the guild quests to gain guild perks. So that means running warfronts together for the PvP kills, closing rifts, and running dungeons. The only downside so far that I've come across is that there have been no guild banks implemented yet. And this is a hassle when trying to send supplies/gear/whatever to alts/guildies. You find yourself spending that hard earned money in postage instead of on goodies. But besides, that, I've not really had a bad experience. I turn off the public chats with the exception of Trade channel and it makes the experience so much better.

I'm anxious for exploring more as the zones are quite unique as a Defiant and you can really see the effects of the war on the lands. Oh, and I'm reading all the lore I can get my hands on, be it books, quests, talking to NPCs, etc. Very interesting to learn about things, and the lore changes a bit if you're different characters as it's from a different viewpoint.

So far, 2 :thumb: up.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Padishar
I have rolled many diff chars as well.
Cleric appears to be my main atm, with Rogue a close 2nd.

Which reminds me, Warriors seem to be the least diverse class in the game,
making them obviously the least played class in the game as well.

For instance:
Rogues can do best DD range or melee dps, tank, heal, ambush/gank, group support buffs
Clerics can do range or melee dps, tank, and r the best healz, groups support buffs
Mages can do range dps (sick aoe dps), heal, pet tank, and have the best crowd control, group support buffs
Warriors can do melee dps and are the best tanks, group support buffs

Main reason I havnt been talking much about the game has been due to limited time.
Work n RL drama = no game time.

BTW DragonAge 2 came out yesterday :cool:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:25 am

Whizbang
So we've been running Iron Tombs (IT) dungeon for a guild quest. First time through was three of us, tank/healer/support-dps. Took us 2.5 hours to get through but we were able to and we only wiped twice due to learning the named mobs and we were all level appropriate. Yesterday we ran through with four of us, 3 level appropriate and 1 above recommended levels. I changed my ranger/bard/riftstalker support build to an assassin/bladedancer/nightstalker DPS build and it took us 30 minutes to get through so we ran it twice. My DPS output increased greatly and we were able to burn through mobs much much quicker. Once we've finished this guild quest we'll move onto the next dungeon. I'm sure we'll be level appropriate by then.

I've begun working on my healer as well so we can rotate who does what so we don't all get bored playing the same characters all the time. Good fun. :D

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:08 am

NF
Arbiter
I'm on as "Rhorek"
NF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:45 am

Kon
I'm sorry, but this game looks exactly like WoW. Literally. If someone would like to elaborate on what is new and different in this game, I am all ears. I'd love nothing more than to have my notions of a stale MMO industry proven wrong.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Cyma
Wife and I tried this game last weekend.. we ended out buying it.. hehe

It make me think more at EQ1 with the graphics of EQ2 than WoW. We did not went on a pvp server since we just wanted to relax after work and just enjoy the PVE aspect of the game..

Anyway we are both pn Faeblight server.. Cyma or Soualsa are the 2 caracter im playing.
Huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Cyma
Just an update on my side.. a group of friends decided to go on Sunrest server so we went there... got my warriror 40 in a week just doing warfronts and a few quest to keep the gear kinda up to date.

The game is really fun.. I have to admit I did not enjoy a game for a long time like this. PVE like PVP is really great. Also the fact that you can have 5 different builds with one caracter make it really fun and bring more to the game =)

We went Defiant.. My warrior is Vanofthedawn :P (Also got 2 alt, Cyma and Soualsa)
Huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Whizbang
Good to see you're enjoying the game, Cyma. I myself have four toons on Estrael server, Defiant side. I also have a guardian that I play with my wife on weekends. If you enjoy warfronts, you'll love Port Scion when you reach lvl 50. Massive warfront with a lot of objectives to obtain/complete. :thumb:

<Isileth> Some dickhead

Return to “General Discussions”