2014 Your plan

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

2014 Your plan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 am

SL33PY
So what is everyone's plan with 2014?

I have multiple things going on right now. My wife started her own business so I'm condemned to do her web shop (and the damn thing isn't cooperating :shake: ) Next to that I'm switching bosses again, got a better deal and better bosses now so that's a good change :D I'm also planning on doing some construction around the house, but not as much as previous years, the house is almost "Done" :thumb:

We are going to go on a trip to Iceland in the spring, and yes it's because of CCP's Eve Online Fanfest. We'll be arriving a bit early so that we can actually enjoy Iceland and then after a few days I'll be attending the fanfest while my wife gets some time to work for her business without disruption or interruption (isn't that the same? :) )

On gaming, I just started playing Anarchy Online anew after 10 or so years, they are revamping their tech, so I'm curious to see how well it will look (or not) There now is a free account mode, you can play most stuff just not alien invasion and shadowland, but imo there is enough to discover as is. Next to that I'm still heavily into Eve Online, would love to see some more activity back in it, but let's just say this post is also a way to see where all of us will be in the coming year :p

I just hope that SOE, the wife and scores of kids will ease up on KillJoy so that he can actually log in :) I also hope that Ozany (don't confuse him with Ozone ;) ) will get some extra time as well as Stracius whom I haven't seen in game for a long time.

Those are the plans for now, so tell me

What are yours? :D

Re: 2014 Your plan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
More of the same for me I think (or hope).

2013 was a fantastically good year to me, probably the best I've ever had. I reconnected with some friends I hadn't seen for close to a decade, and took a lot of steps down the road towards having this new fangled thing called a "social life" for the first time in my memory.

I made a whole lot of new friends on the back of that, and tried a lot of new things too. Particular highlights being first gig, first Comic Con, first New Years with friends, and first live wrestling show. Really has been a blast of a year.

Gaming wise though that has, of course, meant I've played less than I would have in previous years. I still have a giant backlog and I suspect I'll be playing catch up for quite some time yet. Of those I have played though, my highlights were definitely Tomb Raider (my GOTY by a long way), Bioshock Infinite, and Saints Row 4. Hoping for some fantastic RPGs in 2014 to get my teeth into :D

If I could change one thing in 2014 it'd be that I hope work will be less stressful - particularly towards the close of the year. Can't have it all good though, eh? :)

So yeah, I just want to maintain what I now have and hopefully have as good a year as the last. I'll consider it a major success if I manage it!

Oh, and hoping for Arsenal to be 2013/14 Premier League Champions too!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:59 am

enlightened
For me 2014 will be quite a busy year. Last year I finally graduated with a bachelors degree in Economics and I started my Masters in Applied Finance (at Pepperdine University in Malibu, USA) this year. It's a year long program so should be over before I even realize heh :cool:

As far as 2013 went, I had quite an adventure with trips to various countries in Europe and then a visit to Canada right before the New Year. Good times and many more to come hehe.

Unfortunately games aren't an option for me at this point since my brother spilled a whole glass of water into my desktop that caused it to short-circuit. The only reason i'd buy a new computer in addition to my laptop would be for games and the folks won't agree to that as long as i'm studying :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Whizbang
I'm actively seeking a new job while doing what I can to not quit my current job. My wife and I are also considering where we want to buy a house and lay down roots. I've already applied to several places locally, including SOE, SNEI, Sempra Gas, Sharp Health, and a few others. I also have a meeting coming up with Robert Half Technologies so that they can also help me in my job search.

As for fun stuff, I finally set back up my Korg workstation and monitors and have been playing around more with it while my bass and guitars sit in the back closet. Hopefully I will pull those out soon and start messing around with those more as well. My wife and I are also planning to go out to Indy this fall to meet up with some friends and attend GenCon. If I can also swing it I want to go back home to Seattle for a visit as well as to survey the housing and job market as that is one of our target locations for permanent residency.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Gryph
I'm writing a game. It's hard and smelly and judging by the sea of opinions I'm going to find it hard to please everyone. I'm also working on some orchestral scoring for said game and art for said game. The coding luckily is down to someone else :P

Otherwise it's a continuation of just bobbling along. I have a job that I like, have a nice cheap flat and plenty of disposable. I'm off to India for a mooch about at the end of september, and my girlfriend/bringer of common sense is just waiting to hear back on a role coming to your tellyboxes next year.

Gravy.

Gameswise it's ESO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:07 am

Ozone
Hey all, hope everyones groovie. Post our 12+ month nomadic hotel to hotel post-Sandy lifestyle, we're finally settling into a new place we bought and are making it ours (money, back breaking labor, repeat). It's smallish to mediumish size, but good for us and Tiernan, plus I can use it as an excuse not to have another kid 8D (like that would work). So, 2014 is going to be a matter of working as much as possible and doing a load of modifications to the house in whatever free time there is.

Here's the new home...

And here is the first room I finished, Mwwwaaahaahahahahahahahaaaaaa, with the PS4 I am IN the game...

And, for the hell of it, here's T's teddy bear, complete with the bear's christmas outfit from Granny and Grandad...

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Whizbang
Good to hear that things are on the up and up, Oz. :thumb:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:Good to hear that things are on the up and up, Oz. :thumb:
This. Really glad to hear things are improving for you Oz :)

Also, I'm SO jealous of that TV!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:16 pm

SL33PY
Heartwarming to read Ozone!

Return to “General Discussions”