The STR Screenshot Thread

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: The STR Screenshot Thread

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:52 pm

SL33PY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:49 pm

M.Steiner
How did you find Mad Max, SL33PY? I tried playing it last month but it just wasn't doing much for me if I'm honest. First game I've dropped in about 2yrs.
Story & quests seemed really generic, combat was ok but didn't seem up to Arkham/Mordor standards and the gameworld seemed very "Ubisoft", just not half as fun to explore imo. Only real positive I came away with was that it looks GREAT, though I did admittedly only play 3hrs or so of it. Does it get much better? Worth giving a second chance at some point would you say? :)
---

Decided to play a bit of Bloodborne on NG+ last night in preparation for next months expansion. I say "a bit", but you can't really sit down for just 5 minutes of this stuff. I was there for a good 5hrs lol. Already up to The Witch of Hemwick.

Bloodborne [PS4]
Image Image
Image Image
Can't wait for the expansion (4 weeks away) & next years Dark Souls 3. So good :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:19 pm

SL33PY
Well at a certain moment I was just playing to unlock more stuffs, and it is pretty generic. I think it's a cross over of Batman combined with a generic open like world. I just enjoyed is as mindlessly bashing skulls for fun. The story missions were fun but in the end, it was too thin and short

They could've done a lot more imo. Still enjoyed it while it lasted.

Expecting a lot more from Fallout 4 tbh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Thunderbird
Couple more from Fatal Frame:

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:47 am

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:Well at a certain moment I was just playing to unlock more stuffs, and it is pretty generic. I think it's a cross over of Batman combined with a generic open like world. I just enjoyed is as mindlessly bashing skulls for fun. The story missions were fun but in the end, it was too thin and short

They could've done a lot more imo. Still enjoyed it while it lasted.

Expecting a lot more from Fallout 4 tbh
Aye, like their Just Cause games I guess. Good for some mindless fun in an open world to play about in but they don't really excel in any one area, at least imo.
Also, less than 2 weeks for Fallout 4 now! ^^
----

Booted Arkham Knight up this evening (as it re-released on PC today), though only to check performance. Took a couple screenshots whilst I was in there (and there's a photo mode too. God help me when I come to play it for real lol)

Batman: Arkham Knight [PC]
Image Image
Game looks fantastic but performance is still not perfect, sadly. At 1080p I'm still seeing dips here and there, nothing like before though (which were absolutely dreadful) - mostly in the 50s, with mid 40s being the lowest (with everything on max, Nvidia stuff included), though it's sticking around 60 for the most part. Perfectly playable at those settings now (at least on my system) though there is still room for improvement. 1440p/60 on max should be possible with my system but I'm averaging 40fps there, even if I start turning the Nvidia features off. There's still no SLI support though (they're working on it) so I'm not using the full potential of my cards either.

It's really going to depend mostly on your system (and RAM) at this point I think, as reading around there are still people suffering similar problems as before even if they've seen slight improvement. The game admittedly runs a lot better for me now (whilst still not perfect as I say), but not everyone has 16GB of RAM for example or a system like mine.
We are still working with our GPU partners to add full support for SLI and Crossfire. In addition, we are working with these partners to address stability issues on certain cards related to the latest drivers.
After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue.
For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.
Going to wait until SLI support is in at the very least (I didn't buy two cards to settle for 1080p, not that it's a solid 60fps anyway lol) before I start a playthrough but hopefully they have some more improvements to come as well. You know what's funny? Even SW Battlefront had SLI support and that was a bloody beta...
(Side note: Anyone who already owns the game or buys it before Nov 16th will get free copies of Arkham Asylum, City, Origins & Blackgate at some point in the near future. No idea if those will be giftable or not for those of us who already own them, as I suspect most people will. Well, the first 3 anyway...]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... layers-say
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10 ... -problems/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:55 am

M.Steiner
November is here and it sure is a good time to be a gamer. So much to play! :D
(Anno 2205, Fallout 4, AC Syndicate, SW: Battlefront, Bloodborne: The Old Hunters - and those are just the ones I'm getting lol]

Anno 2205 [PC]
Image Image
Only started it late this evening so haven't played much of it just yet, got hooked on Bloodborne again hehe.
Like what I've seen of it so far, although there's no SLI profile for it yet so performance isn't as good as it could be for me. Hopefully Ubi/Nvidia get that done shortly though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:11 am

Whizbang
Very nice. As much as I want to get more games, the Battletech KS just wrapped up and that was $135 out of my pocket. That followed with FM16 (currently playing the beta) and FO4 coming out in a very short while I'm holding back on anything else until the holiday sales kick in.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:44 am

M.Steiner
Aye, less than a week until Fallout 4 now, though I haven't yet decided whether I'll start it on the 10th or not. I'm tempted to play AC Syndicate first, really fancy trekking around Victorian London right now :D

Anno 2205 [PC]
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Whizbang
Image Image
Image Image

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:19 pm

SL33PY
something must have gone wrong whizbang, cause I ain't seeing any image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:02 pm

M.Steiner
Hmm displaying okay for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 am

M.Steiner
Fallout 4 [PC]
Image Image
Image Image

Not playing much tonight other than the intro & testing resolutions and what not but will get stuck into it later today/tomorrow!
Performance seems good for me even without the SLI support which I was happily surprised by I must admit. 4K ultra is giving me around 30fps, with 2880x1620 averaging around 40-45. Gonna play at 1440p for now (until we hopefully get working SLI) so I can/should be able to maintain 60fps on ultra. It's not really going to compete with The Witcher 3 in the visuals department but it still looks pretty damn good on PC all the same. Expect some more screenies during the week and don't worry, will be careful of spoilers :)
[Edit: Actually, can get around 45-50 fps at 4K when using "force alternate frame rendering 2" in the Nvidia control panel]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:15 am

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:[Edit: Actually, can get around 45-50 fps at 4K when using "force alternate frame rendering 2" in the Nvidia control panel]
Had to stop doing this as it seemed to be causing my game to crash :(
Sometimes works for a while & then will just start crashing every few minutes. Gets annoying.... Back to 1440p for now but Nvidia & Beth are working on a SLI profile so I should be good for 4K once that's out. Hopefully soon!

Fallout 4 [PC]
Image Image
Image Image

How's everyone finding it? :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Whizbang
What site are you using to host your pics? I want to make mine larger but can't seem to get tinypic to save larger than what you see from my FM16 screenies.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:33 pm

M.Steiner
From the OP:
M.Steiner wrote:
  • For hosts, I use flickr. They offer 1TB of storage which is probably more than you'll ever need and they don't compress your images themselves when you upload them either. Not sure how to directly link your flickr PNG? Click here:
    First click your image and look for these icons at the bottom right:
    Click the one circled in red and select "View all sizes"

This will bring you to a page like so:
    Click original as underlined in red which will then load your original PNG below it. Simply right click the image > view image (from the drop down) and then grab the URL for your screenshot in the address bar.
    Pretty simply to use but it isn't always obvious at first. It took me a bit of finding :)
:)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:17 am

M.Steiner
Assassin's Creed Syndicate [PC]
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Syndicate has been pretty damn great so far. Really happy to say that (especially after Unity) as I was really looking forward to the London setting but (at least so far) it hasn't disappointed. Rogue was decent too I may add, but I'm really enjoying Syndicate and I'm loving Jacob & Evie. Turning out to be 2 of my favourite characters since Haytham. Quite a nice surprise after the disappointment that was Fallout 4 too!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:40 am

M.Steiner
Star Wars Battlefront [PC]
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:00 am

M.Steiner
Star Wars Battlefront [PC]
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Thunderbird
Xenoblade Chronicles X

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 pm

M.Steiner
Star Citizen [PC]
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 am

Thunderbird
beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (PC)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Been trying to record, but ShadowPlay is being obstinate here. 99% of the time it just refuses to record at all, and the one time I did get a recording, the video had no audio that I could tell.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:05 pm

M.Steiner
Haven't played any new games for a bit but I did take a couple of screenies of the hangar ready Sabre ship in SC last night.

Star Citizen [PC]
Image Image
Soooo sweet. Can't wait to fly this thing!
The Division beta, Rise of the Tomb Raider & XCOM 2 are coming up in the next few weeks so I expect to be taking some pics in those when they arrive. Might get The Witness too depending on its price :)
Thunderbird wrote:Been trying to record, but ShadowPlay is being obstinate here. 99% of the time it just refuses to record at all, and the one time I did get a recording, the video had no audio that I could tell.
Ya, sometimes it'll work flawlessly for me whilst other times it'll decide for itself what it wants to do heh. Try a reboot if it's been a while since you last did one. When I've run into problems, a reboot has usually fixed it and got it working again for me :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:55 pm

M.Steiner
The Tomorrow Children (Beta) [PS4]

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Got to play it during a 3hr beta slot earlier tonight and it has quickly gone from something I was mildly interested in to something I will probably get day one! Uploaded a vid to YouTube :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:58 pm

M.Steiner
I'm a little late to the party with this but since I haven't seen anyone else mention it - the beta version of GeForce Experience now supports screenshot capture. So, you can now update your drivers, record gameplay, stream and take screenshots all from the same software. No need for FRAPS or anything else now and they are also saved as .png's too (in the same folder you set for recordings) so you're not dealing with compressed jpgs either. Pretty sweet, I just took these with it ;)

Rise of the Tomb Raider [PC]
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:44 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Genuinely can't wait to play ROOTR sometime soon - it looks absolutely stunning!

Need to finish Arkham Knight first though, which is likewise superb for those who haven't played it!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “General Discussions”