Playing in the MUD

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Playing in the MUD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:00 pm

NF
Arbiter
Following on from my Minecraft server I've also finally got round to resetting and opening up my MUD (Multi User Dungeon) server as well.

If anyone has a hankering for truely old school RPGing then feel free to drop in and give it a go.

Address: mud.zapto.org
Port: 5555

For those who are not familiar with MUDs then I recommend you download the "MUDlet" or "Portal" MUD clients which make life a lot easier. The tutorial section (MUD School) is the default starting position and is quite good at explaining how to play.

It's a stock fantasy world, nothing custom, but it is good fun to explore. If anyone really is a glutton for punishment and wants to try building new areas then they are also more than welcome.

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.
NF

Re: Playing in the MUD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:55 am

Isileth
I will have to swing on by and give this a go. Used to be hugely into playing MUDs and for the last 10 years or so I keep popping into my old favourite for a few months now and then. Sadly it was never very popular and even at its peak having 10-15 players on was an exciting time but it had the best combat system I have ever found in a MUD.

Return to “General Discussions”