Two Kara runs?

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Two Kara runs?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:27 pm

lili
Since we are no where ready for any of the 25 men's in BC there's been a lot of talk about having two Kara runs. I believe we have enough people for them. Although we might have to ask a few to change the spec depending on what we are short on. So please list all of your chacaters that are 70, what spec they are, what part of Kara attument it needs if still needed, and what times you can do Kara (keep in mind that if both Kara groups run at the same time then you can only run Kara with one character and that will depend on what group need what). Also please start working on lvl 70 blues/ reps rewards/ pvp rewards etc. if you have not already done so, it will make Kara run much more smoothly. I will keep a running list on this post of characters.

On a side note it would really help if everyone in raid could grab KTM (a threat meter) tanks should really get it and if you are dps or a healer that grabs agg often you really should get it too. There are fights where the OT must be below the MT's threat and the dps below that and KTM would make that much easier to figure out. (http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/4204/ is the link for it.)

TANKS
-Pocky (Protection pally) : weeknights and weekends
-Axavier (Protection warrior) : any night after 8pm when not working
-Averegor (Protection warrior) : nights

HEALERS
-Lilleth (Resto Druid can respec) : nights after 8pm
-Leapha (Holy/dis preiest) : nights after 8pm

DPS
-Babydolly (Frost mage) : weeknights and weekends
-Aoiren (currently naughty priest) : weeknights and weekends
-Jaysen (Shadow priest) : any night after 8pm when not working
-Undrin (Marksman Hunter) : weedays and weekend
-Auravil (Frost Mage) : weekdays and weekends
-Soulbiter (Combat rogue) : when ever will happens to be on :P
-Idaten (Marksmanship Hunter) : most nights after 8pm
-Argoeff (fuzzy war) : whenever wife can play
Last edited by lili on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:28 am, edited 20 times in total.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:28 pm

lili
Pocky (protection pally) and Babydolly (Frost mage) can raid weeknights and weekends.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:47 pm

Aoiren
Aoiren (currently naughty priest) can raid weeknights and weekends.
Aoiren: 70 Priest (Enchanter/Tailor)
Raid Leader-"The tank .. needs full heals.. now!"

Aoiren - "I given him all I got, capn. I dunut have tha mana."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Zepol
:( dang.....if you only would of posted this 3weeks ago!
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.
(Reborn)Zepol lvl 80 Mage - Arcane (Akama)
Ive lvl 80 Shamman - Resto/Elemental(Akama)
Faeith lvl 80 DeathKnight - Frost Tank/Blood DPS(Akama)
Never give up before attempting it first.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:58 pm

Axavier
Axavier - Prot warrior
Jaysen - Shadow priest

Both attuned.

Whenever I'm not working nights :)
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:46 pm

undrin
Undrin - Marksman Hunter
Auravil - Frost Mage need BM for attunment. Well geared in blues.

Week Days, Weekends
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:03 pm

lili
Mark do you mean weekday nights?
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:32 pm

Lilleth
Lilleth, Resto Druid (willing to respec for dps or tanking if the need should arise :D)

I'm fairly well geared (I think) in all my gear sets...except for a couple greens :(

available most nights, 8pm.
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:35 pm

Lilleth
Zepol wrote::( dang.....if you only would of posted this 3weeks ago!

Awww :( Alan, honestly...we didn't really start to realize it was a problem until about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:35 pm

undrin
lili wrote:Mark do you mean weekday nights?
No I mean weekdays. As in during the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:40 pm

lili
undrin wrote:
lili wrote:Mark do you mean weekday nights?
No I mean weekdays. As in during the day.
well that could be intresting but i think weekdays probably will come up a little short in the number of people.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:43 pm

undrin
Oh I know that. But you asked when hehe. Until this coming spring semester when I have to switch my sleep schedual to where I stay up all night I will not be avaliable during the week day evenings.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:49 pm

lili
One more quick thing on gear. The new epic honor gears are nice for dps and healers. The honor is not too hard to get. They are only 3 pieces though, but they are nice piece. Tanking gear is a bit harder, the felsteel set is not a bad set to start off for a plate tank but there are much better ones in normal instances. Don't go for pure stam gear, if you got no damage mitigation then it doesn't matter how much hp you have. There are some nice piece from rep as well for all classes.

PS: if you are a class that has mutli function ex healing and dps preists, healing and dps/tank druids, healing and dps/tanking pallys, healing and dps shammysetc, start collecting gear in normal instance for the spec you are not. Not saying you will be asked to respec but I know for healers at least it pays to have a set of dps gear to make questing eaiser.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:00 pm

Padishar
Soulbiter: Rogue - Combat (Raid) Spec'd

Note on the Epic Honor Gear:
Oh heck ya, the Season 2 honor gear is fairly solid.
You can get epic boots, bracers, belt, necklace and a ring all through easy to get honor (also check to see what honor weekend it is each week for double the honor).

I already got the season 2 bracers, boots and the season 1 belt.

If you want to check the gear available to ya, just see the lady to the left of the table as you enter the officer quarters in SW.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:07 pm

Bladesinger
Averegor Prot, attuned

I can raid just about any night that I'm in town or am not waiting in a field for rain.
Shattered Star since 1998

Gallarien of Lorien, Hunter/Woodsman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 pm

Idaten
Idaten, Marksmanship Hunter
I'm available most nights after 8 pm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:29 am

ScarletRahl
Leapha(holy/dis) priest able to make it most nights after 8 pm.....Working on my druid which is restro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:04 pm

lili
Liz are you mainly holy or mainly dis?
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:04 am

Argoeff
Argoeff (currently specced fury, but will respec to whatever is needed)
Available to raid whenever the wife lets me. :D

me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:32 pm

RagingDeath
Ragingdeath DPS/OT Can raid wed-sun
Duty is heavy as a mountain, Death is lighter than a feather.

warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:13 am

Bladesinger
All I can say is we'll never get two runs if guildies keep going on non-guild raids. As of the time I'm writing this there's a warrior, rogue, mage, and priest in another guild's raid. There's something seriously wrong with that.
Shattered Star since 1998

Gallarien of Lorien, Hunter/Woodsman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:52 pm

undrin
I would also like to say we will not even have one if people pug them out in the begining of the week. We had a guild vote to have them on the weekend. It seems somewhere a smaller group decided that they should move them back a day or two. Now that we have hit our match in Kara run until we get better gear, it seems the time table was thrown out the window without taking another guild vote. Pls Discuss this in an appropriate manner.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:28 pm

lili
How Mike and I curretly feel:

(My thoughts)
First of all I like to say that I would love to see two Kara groups running and running well, but currently that is not possible NOT because other guilds raids. Its pure gear and the lack of effort of gearing up for Kara. First I want the members of this guild to decide if they want raid or just play for fun.

If your answer is that you want to raid then go get yourself gear from rep, crafted, pvp, heroics, etc before even thinking about raiding Kara. Well start doing gear checks before we start each raid because well lets face it theres no point of going if we are just going to wipe all night. If we dont have enough people passing gear checks and the ones who do pass still wants to raid, we will bring pugs who can pass gear checks. Kara is very much different from the preBC MC where you can carry a number of under geared people along. It being 10 people instance also means that you MUST know how to play your class and play it WELL, which means, tanks must have the gear and the spec to avoid damage, dps must be high while controlling your threat, and healing effective while over healing kept at a minimum. If we want to raid then each person has to pull his or her own weight. We will be more than happy to tell you if your gear is up to par for Kara and let you know where your gear should be and how to get it there, but each person must be willing to work at it on his or her own at least to the extent of pvp gear and normal 5 man gear which are so puggable. If we cant do this then we have no right of telling guild members who they can or cannot raid with.

If your answer is that you are just playing for fun, then no more getting offended if we pass you over for somebody else for a raid.

Personally its been very frustrating when I have more fun doing a pug or raiding with other guilds than raid with my own guild due purely to laziness of people not wanting gear up for runs. I love this guild and dont want to leave, but this is a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed. If I no longer enjoy playing with this guild, however much I love the people, it would mean leave the guild or leave the game.

(Mike's thoughts)
How I feel about the current situation:

If you want to advance in Kara you must work on making either craftables and or going into the 5 mans, because for the most part the Kara gear is not a huge upgrade to what you could get on your own. Obviously there are exceptions. If that is not going to happen and there is still interest in raiding then maybe we should head back to doing MC or try BWL/AQ40. Because, Kara does get harder and if people don't seriously want to put the effort in there is no sense in going any further.

Honestly the drama and complaining on who goes to which raid and who gets in to raids needs to stop. I have already had enough of it and it is starting to drive me away. I really treasure the friendships that I have here in SSX, but recently I have been really fustrated. I am trying to let everyone know where I am right now, because communication is good. If you want to go to the new raiding instances I will try to help out as much as I can, but as I have done in the past (Karazhan runs and Gruul's Lair) since I personally like raiding I will not hesitate to help other guilds out if they need me.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:40 pm

Zepol
Maybe im out of line in jumping into this convo, but here it goes :D

I have been playing multiplayer games for a real long time, most of those games were not co-play games like WoW, but always against people that are playing in a extreme lvl of knowledge of the game. For example Tribes2 i would play in competition matches with Jack, and we always had 1 or 2 players less then the other team(on a 12v12 match).
But since we played together for such a long time that we all knew what to do and when to do it. But we didnt learn each others tactics right off the bat, it took alot of games and ALOT of losses. Eventually we became one of those good teams that people would think we were cheating cause we were so good at the game.

Now the point of my story is, if everybody practices there rolls given to them and practice them then eventually it will become so easy that you will be doing Kara blind folded. But if you go ahead and decide too shut the door for those people that need help to get the gear to run other instances well then you will be makeing other people quit the game, cause then these people will feel left out.

Basically what i understood above was that, you have to solo until you get good enough to run with us, till then ill play with people at my lvl instead of helping out my friends that are looking for the same upgraded gear that i am.

Put your self in those shoes, and answer me truthfully, would you like to get shut out from the guild just because your not leet enough to run with them?
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.
(Reborn)Zepol lvl 80 Mage - Arcane (Akama)
Ive lvl 80 Shamman - Resto/Elemental(Akama)
Faeith lvl 80 DeathKnight - Frost Tank/Blood DPS(Akama)
Never give up before attempting it first.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:52 pm

lili
I did put into my post that each player must play their roll correctly, and that's the problem we have, but kara is gear dependent as well. I have never said no I will not help you get gear, and never has the kara raids shut people out who really should not be in there with the gear they have, but if progression is what people are looking for well then individuals must work hard themselves as well. I have gotten told plenty of times I'm a pally and i can't tank, well i geared up my pally in tanking and healing gear and most of it are done in pugs. I did it to prove those wrong. It doesn't need to be epiced out gear, it doesn't mean hours on end of playing. I just want to see more than 3 people acutally trying to work on their gear. It frankly is frusting to see those people get draged down by others, and it pisses me off that we want to grudge those people runs where they can go on.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”