Friends willing to join us in Rock...

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Friends willing to join us in Rock...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:53 pm

SSX-Killjoy
I have a friend here at work who also happens to play EVE. Him and a few of his corp mates have been wanting to play around in wormhole space.

Unfortunately the first small tower they setup in a class 1 wh, ended up getting destroyed by a corp. Their losses were somewhere near the 2Bn range in ships and what not. So needless to say that their first experience was definitely not the best. So, while I was talking about the situation with my friend at work, we struck on the idea that perhaps they should setup a POS in our space where they enjoy the safety we do, as well as having the opportunity to play around with the sleepers and null sec rats.

So I would like to put the question to the EVE players: Would you guys mind if we had another corp setup in our WH space? The corp itself is some 28 members, but the ones who would be involved in this currently is only 3-4, though could be more.

PROS:
[*] We will have more people out there with us. We have the EMBU in our wh space but the last word I had from them was that they were planning on moving on, as they found a WH that better suits their needs (static C3 and C5 whs).
[*] The members that will be coming in are flying command ships and the like so if we want to start running class 5 combat sites they might be willing to jump in and provide additional firepower, etc.
[*] Another orca.. 'nough said.. :)
[*] They are all Tucson folks, so play times will be similar to MST which means more active pilots around to protect our WH space if needed. It doesn't happen often, but we do get occasional visitors.

CONS:
[*] More people to run roids, which means less overall take for the corp. Although there is plenty to go around.
[*] .... Not sure there are any real drawbacks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If we do want to move forward with this, we will need to figure out how best to help them get setup. I still have the medium True Sansha tower that they could use (or buy out right if they want). So getting them a location is easy enough. But coordinating getting their members in that want to come in will be interesting. We will also probably need to set them to blue as we did with EMBU.

Winbrian brought up the idea of asking them if they wanted to join us, but there is some thought that they might not want to leave a corp they have been working to build up for the last 2 years. So another thought was do we want to consider an alliance type of situation? If we have some form of alliance or that type of understanding that perhaps if they wanted to join you guys out there doing low sec PvP they would be able to without dealing with the typical blue issues.

When I get in game next and see them I will invite them to the SSX_Public channel so they can get a feel of our craziness as well. I was invited to their public channel last night but I don't remember the name at the moment.

I know I am missing additional stuff, but figure this is a good initial post to get the conversation going. Your thoughts are much appreciated. Also I will be sending this link to my co-worker here to spread to his corp members for them to look at as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

CORP Information:

Kilrathi Industries <== Awesome Wing Command Reference

CEO: OpenTrade, Hoechi

FORUMS: http://kilrathi.inverseflux.com/

Members expected to be coming out: (Saraith) Inverseflux, batman360(Robin360 his alt) and USMCKered
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

Re: Friends willing to join us in Rock...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Ozany
Well, as always, the discussion comes to whether they are willing to join us, be blue to us, or do we want to drop the iskies to form an alliance. There are a couple of other options available, but not the most likely to be used so I will mention them in game if you ask me about it. The tower issue for them is not that big a deal, we have 2 faction mediums and a faction large with otehr faction items available to sell them, as well as lots of normal towers and items we can loan them on a pay as you go kinda thing.

Rock is your guy's baby, I can go along with any reasonable offer or temporary arrangement that you come up with, though if you talk to me in game/vent/irc we might be able to come up with a best for all type thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:09 pm

SSX-Killjoy
Yeah I keep hoping to get everyone togehter one of these nights (their peeps and ours) and discuss it. However work has been a bear again. I was hoping a few of them would have posted here as well. Get the dialog going offline as well as in game.
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 am

Saraith
Just thought I would drop in and introduce myself and say Hello. My name is Saraith, You can call me Sar :). I've been playing EVE off and on since release back in '03. I am a skilled combat pilot along with plenty of industrial skills.

I also wanted to thank you guys for possibly allowing my crew to join you in your space, As Killjoy said, We had a little bit of a bad experience but we have not let it hinder our desire to explore the unknown. We are just looking for a place to call home, Empire has just gotten far to easy for us. Level 4's are cake walk and even 5's are very easy and not worth the pay out in my opinion.

We are looking to enjoy the game as best we can, build our own personal wealth while helping our corp and mostly just enjoying ourselves with our best shipmates, Like you all we are all about friendship, and we will not hesitate to defend your system as if it was our own, and hopefully with your approval we can call it home as well :)

I probably should be getting back to work now, See you all online! And thank you again for this chance!

-Sar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:30 am

SL33PY
I see no harm in having your rl friends around.

Return to “EvE Online”