Fantasy Premier League

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy Premier League

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Yey! Or, I mean, how terrible for you ;)

Last week was great, shattered my personal best by over 30. However the success was tempered by the fact that it let you start to take back all the ground I took the week before. I need to start to make some of those points back (again) this week if a lot of your squad is not playing.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 am

Isileth
Its also Villa v Arsenal.

Which combined could be a very low scoring week for me.

Got to hope my lead can hold steady. Seems im more prone to total collapse so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:Got to hope my lead can hold steady. Seems im more prone to total collapse so far.
Well realistically it'd take 3-4 weeks of continued collapse for me to make inroads at the most likely pace. So I still say you've got nothing to worry about :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Isileth
That week also killed my fight to get into the top 100 for people who started the same week as me. Currently at 249, I was in the low 100's.

Same goes for catching up with you in terms of total points. Was still a long way off but it seemed a good challenge :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 am

Isileth
Well seems we all got hit equally with that one.

Doesnt matter though, next week is the big one.
The two titans of Hull and Wolves clash in what will be an epic. Plus I think Arsenal and ManU are playing. So that already looks set to be a low scoring week for me!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Wolves Wolves Wolves!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:05 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm, a disappointing week for me really considering Chelsea played twice. Though if I had played Sorenson over Hart and Valencia had not been subbed on during the United game it would have worked out better.

Still, I got over 50 so that is all that matters.

I have also heard that Terry has been offered compassionate leave from Chelsea due to his situation (though how he deserves it is beyond me), so I have transferred him. May get him back in the next few weeks, but we will see - he is expensive. Heads up for any of you who also use him though, since I have no idea whether he'll play next week or not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 am

Isileth
Well I managed to pick up a few more points, nearly up to 100 clear again.

However this week should be a tough one for me. Vast majority of my players going against each other in tough games. Should be interesting.

Not to mention the games are fairly important in terms of the actual Premier League.

Nice treat for my birthday though, Tottenham v Villa the day before and Chelsea v Arsenal on the day. (Not to mention the last night time shuttle launch from NASA)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Isileth
Well it looks like we all did really well this week.

I'm now closing in on the top 50 for people who joined in the same week as me currently 93rd, just 22 points off.

Sadly however that wont last. Since ManU, Villa and Hull dont play next week that's 7 of my players out. So at best I can field 7 players, pretty crappy considering I was getting close :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Yeah, I think next week will be poor with most of my big guns not playing. Planning a slight squad tweak in the next couple of gameweeks though, so hopefully I'll be able to use these next two weeks usefully rather than slipping too far behind.

I still can't understand how we basically have the same squad now Isi, yet you still outscore me every week. It's madness :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Isileth
Well this week you should beat me comfortably. I didn't make any changes so just 7 players with pretty much all my big hitters out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm not even sure I want to check my score this week...injuries should be dictating a very poor performance for me :blank:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:31 am

SL33PY
villa drew against stoke.. I'm so dissapointed :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Whizbang
Horrible week for me. This season is pretty much a write-off as there is no way I can gain any meaningful ground to make an advance in the ranks. Looks like my best bet is to prepare for the next season. :smack:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Isileth
Yeah Villa only getting a draw is a real blow, although thankfully City also only got a point but Villa really need to be catching up not just holding on. Always a tough game against Stoke though, especially as Villa dont have that killing blow about them at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 am

Whizbang
Any particular reason O'Neill played Heskey and Carew up front instead of Agbonlahor and Carew? Heskey is getting old and isn't the threat he used to be at the goal.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:39 am

Isileth
Well I think whatever their attack isn't the strongest. Heskey tends to work well as muscle to hold the ball up for everyone else but they really need to invest in a real striker soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I heard tell on Soccer Saturday that Agbonlahor was being rested because he'd tweaked something during the week. Should be ok for the next game by the sounds of it - just a precaution.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Isileth
Well hopefully he does play and gets a hatrick. Only player different from you now Anny and im just a few points behind.

Was worried I would be miles off after the first few games.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:Well hopefully he does play and gets a hatrick. Only player different from you now Anny and im just a few points behind.

Was worried I would be miles off after the first few games.
I had this lineup first. You need to change it :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I was thinking early this weekend that with Isi's unheaval the title race might just be blown wide open again. Then, once again, I had a disastrous weekend that has most likely allowed him to close off the door I managed to re-open last week.

Think the title race is pretty much over now, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Isileth
Well after much moaning from Anny about me copying his team (Nothing to do with the fact I was winning each week) I decided to go and use my wildcard.

And would you believe it yet again I win :p

Was hoping it would make it a bit more interesting, certainly be more variance between us each week but it seems the title race is over. But of course this was only the warm up to the World Cup score prediction :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:Well after much moaning from Anny about me copying his team (Nothing to do with the fact I was winning each week) I decided to go and use my wildcard.

And would you believe it yet again I win :p

Was hoping it would make it a bit more interesting, certainly be more variance between us each week but it seems the title race is over. But of course this was only the warm up to the World Cup score prediction :)
I hate you :p

Also, that reminds me that I need to see if anywhere is doing a Fantasy World Cup. If not, we'll need to sort something out pretty quick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:37 am

Isileth
Sure there will be plenty out there. If not it would be very easy for us to score our own predictions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Fantasy World Cup info is here for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://www.shatteredstar.org/forums/vie ... f=2&t=6878

I'll look around for a scores predictor nearer the time. We are, after all, very early on this one.

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”