X11 - Season 6

Be it the Premier League, the World Cup, or any of the web-games that we play - this is the place for your football discussions.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators, Football Moderators

X11 - Season 6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Whizbang
Season 6 has officially been listed. There will be one week of off-season before the new one starts. That gives you time to play a few friendlies, work the transfer window, and get form into shape. Due to the league having grown to 27 managers, one club in Lodge League and Compass Championship was spared relegation. I had no control over this, it is the way the computer generated the divisions. Everyone who earned promotion last season have rightfully taken their place in their new divisions.

The Cups will start after the first league matches have been played to ensure that you receive one full week of off-season. Good luck to everyone and let us see some great compititions, rivalries, and press releases!
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: X11 - Season 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:45 am

Cyphon88
You lucky beggar Mech. Expect a PR headed your way this week.

How were people's CRs?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Whizbang
I saw a +12 CR with 12 visible changes. I must say I'm quite pleased with how my CR turned out. I'm hoping that with the stay of execution from the Lodge Premier League I'll be able to justify it through this season's league performance.

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Isileth
I ended up with a +9 -3 (All on players I never used and are just there because they haven't been sacked yet) although only 6 real changes, was hoping for a little better still sadly some much better sides than me in the league which could cause problems.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Cyphon88
Let see, one retirement, all the rest were positive bar two players. But this only manifested in 12 visible changes (out of an 18 man squad). So only 4 of my players increased, but not through a visible bar, which aint bad.

I have one signing to make, with one person in mind to fill it already (see my PR tomorrow). Otherwise I'm relatively happy with the squad. One of my players had to make an increase or he was going to be sacked, thankfully that hasn't needed to happen as yet. I still might have to sell one of my defenders though. And would probably have to be one of the older two, which isn't good when I have the youngest squad in the LPL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
+11 and -4, with the -4 being on players I am now sacking. All in all, not amazing, but still pretty good.

Cyph, if you're selling a defender let me know. I really need to beef up my squad if at all possible, and may be interested in a direct transfer if they fit my needs! Also, be in IRC more :p
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 am

Cyphon88
Victor Meldrew is valued at 500k, and Pritchard Irving at 400k, which seems reasonable to me.

I'm working on getting internet up at my new flat. Sadly im not going to be online until at least the weekend, maybe next week. Sucks a little, but I just come on at work and work a little longer hours to make up for it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:Victor Meldrew is valued at 500k, and Pritchard Irving at 400k, which seems reasonable to me.

I'm working on getting internet up at my new flat. Sadly im not going to be online until at least the weekend, maybe next week. Sucks a little, but I just come on at work and work a little longer hours to make up for it.
I'll take Victor Meldrew at 500k if you're happy with that price. He would be a HUGE help to both my average squad age and my defence in general. Irving though, I will pass on.

I can't login to X11 atm as I'm at work (shouldn't be on here either tbh heh), but I'll make a Direct Transfer offer for him when I get home at around 5:30. If you can make him 'available' for me to do that by then, then we can have it sorted out this evening hopefully :)

Seriously, thanks a lot for the opportunity. You have no idea how much help he'll be.

As for internet access, ahhh. That makes sense. We thought you'd just left us - in which case hopefully I shall see you on IRC again this weekend, or relatively soon if you aren't up and running by then :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Cyphon88
I'll put him up for transfer at 1700, and I'll be at work til 1800 and a bit beyond that so I can accept the offer straight away.

He has no HSQs by the way. He's just quick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:I'll put him up for transfer at 1700, and I'll be at work til 1800 and a bit beyond that so I can accept the offer straight away.

He has no HSQs by the way. He's just quick.
Great. I'll drop a reply here when I've put the bid in :)

Also, that's fine re: the SQs. To be honest with you, even if he had a couple of NSQs I'd still take him. Skill wise he is still better than every other defender I have, and he will push my age up (and considering I'll have 8 players under 21, of which I'll always have four or five in my team every week, that's an essentiality). For 500k, he'll be a fantastic signing that will help me a great deal without even taking SQs into account.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Cyphon88
Ah.

He wants to retire at the club. Sorry, no transferness Anu.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:Ah.

He wants to retire at the club. Sorry, no transferness Anu.
Ah, how annoying :( No matter then! Thanks for the attempt anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Cyphon88
Ah well, at least I know he's going to retire this season, which makes life easier for selection thoughts.

Plus if I got rid of him there's a good chance my avg age might drop to 23 >.<

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:Ah well, at least I know he's going to retire this season, which makes life easier for selection thoughts.

Plus if I got rid of him there's a good chance my avg age might drop to 23 >.<
I found a 32/7 as a replacement who I am hoping to snap up for 900k. He'll keep me ticking for a few seasons until my youth matures a bit.

Also, lol. Oh woe is you, my average age is likely to be around 20 :p I had 15m at the start of the transfer window, and if my two last bids go through I'll have 450k left (plus whatever 'spare' comes off the top of my offers). Aside from this 32/7, all that has gone on youth less than 19 years old - mostly 16 year olds though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Whizbang
Match results for Round One of the Compass Cup

MaddoxFC - Golden Knights 2 - 1 (0 - 1)
Polonia KSP - Argonauts 0 - 1 (0 - 0)
Debate Land Orators - Cincinnati Steamers 5 - 3 (0 - 0)
Queeeeeens - St Helens Reds 0 - 3 (0 - 1)
NorwichCity - AFC Sussudio 0 - 1 (0 - 0)
Jambo - Ireland 0 - 1 (0 - 0)
Drunken Ladyboys Utd - Rickrollers 3 - 1 (0 - 0)
Roughriders - Isilington United 1 - 4 (1 - 1)
Rangers - Estudiantes United 6 - 5 (0 - 0)
Listowel Celtic - Downz with the syndrom 0 - 3 (0 - 3)
FC Sheikh Moneybags - Skitter Smackers 3 - 0 (2 - 0)

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Cyphon88
Selling an 18/5/f with Cool, Hard trainer and Diva. If you want him, you probably need to let me know today as I dont know what my access will be like at the weekend and he might have gone to a higher value that the discount I'm offering for people in the GLOF leagues.

Also DLU away? Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
How much do you want for him Cyph? I'm interested, but it may be difficult to attend to until I get home - can't login to X11 here at work, and I do not know the state of my club's finances offhand. :blank:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Cyphon88
I'd want at least 2 Million for him. I'm pretty sure he has a good bet of getting about 3.5 mil on the open market. Someone has bid for him already up to 500k and he's only been available for about 6 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Sorry Cyph, can't. Looks like I only have 2.2m total - I was hoping that the Reds would be one of my teams with 4m+ available.

Hope you get a good price for him, and thanks for offering :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:32 am

Cyphon88
No worries Anu. Bidding is at 2.7 Million right now, and it ends to tonight. So he's reached estimated value already, I think there's a good chance I might get close to 4 million for him.

edit, 1251: make that 4.1 million now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Whizbang
Match results for 27 September:

Lodge Premier League:

Argonauts - Liverspool FC 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
FC Shermanaslovakia - Hull City A.F.C 1 - 2 (0 - 2)
Golden Knights - Downz with the syndrom 0 - 0 (0 - 0)
Templar Blades - FC Sheikh Moneybags 4 - 0 (3 - 0)

Compass Championship:

Skitter Smackers - Drunken Ladyboys Utd 0 - 3 (0 - 0)
AFC Sussudio - Listowel Celtic 3 - 2 (1 - 2)
Cincinnati Steamers - Ireland 1 - 1 (0 - 0)
Estudiantes United - FC Ramos Arizpe 1 - 3 (0 - 0)

Square League One:

Isilington United - Polonia KSP 4 - 0 (1 - 0)
Roughriders - MaddoxFC 1 - 3 (0 - 2)
Debate Land Orators - Queeeeeens 2 - 0 (0 - 0)
NorwichCity - Rickrollers 2 - 1 (0 - 0)

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Whizbang
Match result for Round of 16 of the Compass Cup:

MaddoxFC - Liverspool FC 2 - 1 (0 - 1)
Debate Land Orators - FC Ramos Arizpe 0 - 2 (0 - 2)
FC Sheikh Moneybags - FC Shermanaslovakia 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
Rangers - Hull City A.F.C 1 - 2 (1 - 1)
Drunken Ladyboys Utd - Templar Blades 4 - 0 (4 - 0)
Ireland - Argonauts 0 - 3 (0 - 1)
AFC Sussudio - Downz with the syndrom 0 - 4 (0 - 1)
St Helens Reds - Isilington United 0 - 4 (0 - 1)

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:50 am

Cyphon88
Me, Mech and Anu all losing? Not a good day in the cup.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Isileth
If you dont mind Anny lost to me in the cup, that makes it a very good day thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Whizbang
Match results for 4 October

Lodge Premier League:

Downz with the syndrom - FC Shermanaslovakia 4 - 2 (0 - 1)
Hull City A.F.C - Rangers 0 - 0 (0 - 0)
Golden Knights - Templar Blades 1 - 3 (0 - 0)
FC Sheikh Moneybags - Argonauts 1 - 2 (1 - 0)

Compass Championship:

Ireland - St Helens Reds 1 - 1 (1 - 1)
Estudiantes United - Skitter Smackers 5 - 0 (2 - 0)
Drunken Ladyboys Utd - AFC Sussudio 1 - 0 (0 - 0)
FC Ramos Arizpe - Cincinnati Steamers 3 - 1 (2 - 1)

Square League One:

Queeeeeens - Jambo 0 - 1 (0 - 0)
NorwichCity - Isilington United 2 - 1 (1 - 1)
Polonia KSP - Roughriders 1 - 2 (0 - 2)
Rickrollers - Debate Land Orators 0 - 0 (0 - 0)

<Isileth> Some dickhead

Return to “Football Discussions & Games”