Crack

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

Crack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 am

Ozone
This is pure, uninhibited, Heisenberg quality, electronic crack.

I spent 4 hours last night in a mech lab stripping out and testing configurations for my Catapult and my Hunchback.

If I could get a USB line into a vein....
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: Crack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Chimera
Yeah it is addictive.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Rock-n-Roll
My soul dies a little every time I see one of these pots, then look at my bank account and see no new PC coming down the pipe any time soon...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 am

Ozone
Rock-n-Roll wrote:My soul dies a little every time I see one of these pots, then look at my bank account and see no new PC coming down the pipe any time soon...
If its any solace... My wife, son and I are Sandy refugees. We still don't have a home and are living from hotel to hotel out of pocket. Haven't had a kitchen, a decent bed, and have been living on lunch meat and cereal for 3 months with no info on when we can get back home. I used some of the tax rebate to replace my computer.

MWO is definitely helping make things a bit more bearable - 3 months in hotel rooms with a 2 year old has its way of slowly killing your sanity millimeter by millimeter. I need all the grasps at sanity through virtuality that I can get. :)
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:10 am

Rock-n-Roll
Holy crap, sorry to hear that. Where are you located? My area got whacked pretty hard yet somehow I was untouched.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:20 am

Chimera
Damn dude I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out soon.

There is a site, http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab, that essentially lets you play around with all the mechs and their chassis variants. You could easily spend a few hours dicking around with the loadouts and never notice it. They just placed the new mech, the Trebuchet, up as well.

They were also supposed to be initiating the matching making algorithms starting tonight but that looks like its on hold. God knows I'd love to play someone my skill level vs getting rolled by 4man groups rolling in stalkers...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Ozone
Thanks guys but all's well. We were living in Point pleasant beach, nj, about a block off the beach. Unfortunately it was right where the swell crested on route 35 so we ended up under 8-10 feet of water for a week, a good portion of the homes around us just simply aren't there anymore. The place was insane when we first checked it out, had to go through military security checkpoints to an area that was no longer identifiable as a town. Was a bit of an adjustment at first with hotel bouncing, but were used to it now. Hoping to get back home by spring - on the bright side, at least we're saving on the heating bill. Plus, if I ever become an author, I'll have a good background to write 'The Hotels of Ocean County'.

Mech wise, I've decked out a Hunchback SP. Endo chassis, 5 medium lasers, 2 SRM-6 wit Artemis, 260 standard engine, practically full armor. If I'm lucky enough, I can use the speed, 84.2 sans tweak, to flank while the big boys play on the front line. If I get within 260m under cover, this build can do some serious damage. Only prob is low durability, 2-4 solid hits from a PPC or Gauss and its down. I'm staying alive 50% of the time and scoring in the 150-300 range. Still some tactical learning to be done.

Second builds a Catapult K2. Standard 260 for a speed of 64 or so, 2 large lasers, 2 AC5s, loads of sinks and armor. Great at medium to long range, but i still need to learn to pilot it in close quarters and maybe tweak weapons. I pretty much suck with it atm. The other night I was LOLing as 2 commandos, 1 Jenner, and a spider ganged up on me and tore me to shreds before I could hit any of the little bast!?$s.

Currently we're staying up north with my folks on weekends, so sat and Sunday are primary play times (pilot name Ozone) as dragging the comp between hotels is no longer practical ATM. Now spending some sanity time in the mech lab and trolling forums. Playing about with Treb builds may help kill some time, and, undoubtably, my wallet when I get back to the comp.

With that thought, a word of warning to anyone looking to pick this up. If you want to customize and build experience, you need your own mech(s). If you don't want to spend forever grinding in preset builds, it's going to cost cash, though as little as $10-20. Practice building mechs and researching the frames before committing to anything. Also be sure you understand the purchasing system. A wrong click can get to be be expensive very quickly, as can a wrong mech choice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Chimera
I've yet to pay any (additional) money toward the game, and I have three 'mechs at the moment (Jenner, Centurion, and a Raven). The nice thing is that when you first start, you get a hefty bonus to your rewards for your first 25 matches. If you can manage to stick it out until then, you should have enough C-bills to buy nearly any mech. Paying with plastic, of course, makes it a lot quicker and its the only way to get the special variant "Hero Mechs".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 am

Rock-n-Roll
If you need anything, I'm somewhat in the area. I grew up in Jersey. Living in NE PA now but work 3 days a week down near Princeton. Spent much time down around Pint Pleasant and have family in Neptune.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Ozone
Thanks rock, sincerely appreciate the offer. Things were a bit rough but were doing ok now, just had to settle into a temporary nomadic lifestyle and had some help from fema and red cross. Got word that we should be able to get back home April 1, so all good. We were relocated near Princeton for a few weeks for a while, beautiful place, loads of old money there. Had dinner once or twice at a place called, I believe, the blue water grill, right on main. Worth a look into, we've debated driving out there again just for lunch. No mechs were in the building (to keep on forum topic). But seriously, thanks.

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”