Game overview stickies

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Game overview stickies

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:51 pm

esd
Was looking for more info on MWO, obviously started here. Noticed a lack of general info, then noticed it exists in all the groups.

So my idea was this... A general info sticky for each, containing basics like an overview of gameplay, download/guide links, sysreqs, etc.

Anny made me post this. Honest.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

Re: Game overview stickies

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 am

Anubis
Site Admin
esd wrote:Anny made me post this. Honest.
Yes, I did ;) And it's a good idea.

I'll try and sort something out for Firefall this weekend, even though we don't actively play it yet. If people like the idea, then I think it'd be a good addition to group forums in general if people can find the time to write them!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:39 pm

M.Steiner
Aye it's a good idea. This is something I've always like to do for the MMO groups I've been part of as well personally, the last one being TOR.
Didn't do one for SimCity but I'll see if I can put something together. I'm hoping the majority of us who were playing at launch will pick it up again once it's nicely patched up, tis getting there I think :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:08 pm

esd
M.Steiner wrote:Aye it's a good idea. This is something I've always like to do for the MMO groups I've been part of as well personally, the last one being TOR
It's good, but not quite what I meant... no gameplay overview, for example. Think of it as an advert & starter thread for someone who'd not even heard of the game before reading the thread.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
esd wrote:
M.Steiner wrote:Aye it's a good idea. This is something I've always like to do for the MMO groups I've been part of as well personally, the last one being TOR
It's good, but not quite what I meant... no gameplay overview, for example. Think of it as an advert & starter thread for someone who'd not even heard of the game before reading the thread.
So a bit of what MS has put together before, and a bit of a...almost a marketing thread to a degree?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 pm

M.Steiner
I'm guessing you mean similar to the official threads they do over on GAF?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:28 pm

esd
M.Steiner wrote:I'm guessing you mean similar to the official threads they do over on GAF?
That's pretty damn good indeed. I don't think we'd need to go quite that far, but yeah. Perhaps adding some of our activity to it? Eg, "Ssx is on xyz server, blah faction", and if applicable, ingame costs (again, mwo... how much for a mech, in real money, for eg).

It could help cross-group activity and give us all a taste of what everyone's playing. It could even persuade some of us to try groups we've not so far.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:31 pm

M.Steiner
I'll see if I can put a general info post together for SimCity at some point. We've already got stickies for our player names and where people can find us but I can add links to those within said thread too :)
[Edit: Done. I may add or make alterations to it later, will see]

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:39 am

esd
That pretty much nails it :)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:30 pm

M.Steiner
Good good!
Unfortunately MWO is not something I have played or really know anything about either but hopefully one of those guys can put together a similar post for their group forum too, they can use the SimCity one as a general guide now as well if needed :)
/me pokes

Return to “Members”