Scheduled Downtime: 4th January 2019

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Scheduled Downtime: 4th January 2019

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hi all,

Just a notice for everyone that next Friday, 4th January 2019, the website will be inaccessible for a prolonged period of time whilst I replatform our server.

This work will allow me to implement other items on the Web Development Project List, and is a necessary first step for several of them.

I hope to be able to implement SSL support (enforced HTTPS usage) and a domain restructuring over the course of that weekend too, but my primary focus will be the replatform.

Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll post any updates on Discord throughout the day :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Scheduled Downtime: 4th January 2019

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks for your patience everyone. It took a day longer than planned but this is now complete.

I have had to upgrade the forum ahead of schedule (and also patch a lot of legacy code) in order to get everything back to normal, so please let me know if anyone runs into any problems or strange behaviour whilst using the website :)

The domain restructure and SSL implementation will follow, hopefully next week.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
The domain restructure and SSL implementation should both now be complete. All traffic to any of our domains should now route to shatteredstar.com, and be forced through HTTPS.

You may need to re-log into the forums on your first visit (or clear your cookies then re-log if necessary), but after that there should be no further issues. Please let me know if anyone finds any issues! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isi noted an issue whereby the "View Unread Posts" link has moved to within the Quick Links section, and it is now missing functionality to allow users to jump directly to the unread post in question.

I'll look to restore these in the next day or two :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Anubis wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:35 pm
Isi noted an issue whereby the "View Unread Posts" link has moved to within the Quick Links section, and it is now missing functionality to allow users to jump directly to the unread post in question.

I'll look to restore these in the next day or two :)

This issue should now be resolved.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:23 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Just an extremely late bump to say that I've today fixed an issue with emails not being sent by the board, which appears to be an intermittent legacy from this upgrade.

Sorry it took so long to find and fix - looks like the new version no longer agreed with our old email configuration sometimes.

Return to “Members”