A project of mine

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

A project of mine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:36 am

Syn
Hello everyone. I know I haven't been the most around and happening of persons, but I had something I was hoping I could get some help on.

Right now I'm working on a text based console application for the purpose of large ship space combat sim, and of course a story and characterization just because I like to have those too. Anyways, as I'm working away programming this in C++, I'm running across points where I really need beta testers. So far just having even one random person to go to has helped a lot.

There may not be much to test atm, but there is still plenty to critique, and more features are coming, and features need testing. Anyone interested in signing up can drop me a line at spickell@thetagamerz.com.
bah my forums is dead, so it is removed from my sig...

Btw, I'm making a game, it will be awesome, you will look forward to it.[/hype]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Dropped you a line. Like I said in IRC, if you need it you can come yell at me :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:03 pm

Syn
For those of you who do check the forums but don't hang out on IRC, I'm going to link to the current build. So far it's only intro, and not even that is entirely finished. ( www.thetagamerz.com/Birthv0.11.2.4.zip )

The background ship movement engine is actually pretty well complete, it just needs to be worked in to a control system. Simulating planetoids and their gravity will be the next major step in propulsion after controls have been added.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:37 am

Kon
So, any plans for network play? This would make one hell of a MUD. And I'm sure you've noticed, but your forums have been ransacked. :lol:
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:35 am

Futile Resistance
Kahn wrote: And I'm sure you've noticed, but your forums have been ransacked. :lol:
OUCH :smack:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Syn
My forums are basically dead and I have no intention of saving them until I get someone who can actually do web design to do them. ~.^

I'm thinking cautiously about online play. I'd rather have a good single player game finished and then create a MUD afterwards, but plans have a way of changing...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:37 pm

Inquisitor
Concentrate on that single player. Multiplayer will come if it seems right ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Syn
By the by, I just finished a separate proof of concept ish thing that I was doing to learn finite state machines. Now I'm probably going to be taking a step back and looking at how to integrate scripting into it.

Return to “General Discussions”