Arbiter Vote- This time for sure :)

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Who?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:08 pm

Anubis
37%
Inquisitor
37%
Killjoy
17%
Messiah
10%

Total votes: 30

Arbiter Vote- This time for sure :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Inquisitor
Ok, time to let this go, it will run for abotu a week.

Lots of good options, so, have a look here:
http://www.shatteredstar.org/forums/vie ... php?t=5633

And see who these fine folks are. Don't vote for me as a default, pick a good guy for the right reasons.
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:23 am

Inquisitor
Apparently our forum restore a couple days ago, fubar'd some permissions, which makes it difficult to add people as "Members."

If you want to vote, and can't (and we don;t fix it by Monday), we'll make arrangements for someone not running to collect those votes.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:50 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
Inquisitor wrote:If you want to vote, and can't (and we don;t fix it by Monday), we'll make arrangements for someone not running to collect those votes.
someone needs to start counting chads!
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:36 pm

Syn
Lazlo Hollyfeld wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:If you want to vote, and can't (and we don;t fix it by Monday), we'll make arrangements for someone not running to collect those votes.
someone needs to start counting chads!
Or we could just hang 'em.
bah my forums is dead, so it is removed from my sig...

Btw, I'm making a game, it will be awesome, you will look forward to it.[/hype]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 pm

BlackDove
I see Anubis is winning, and therefore I feel obligated to expose that your leader needs his DAD to help him with his INTERNET!
[18:33] <Judd-MGT> still having network issues anny?
[18:34] <SSX-Anubis> its not perfect, but its better now
[18:34] <SSX-Anubis> rebooting the router helped
[18:34] <SSX-Anubis> Might get my dad to have a looksie at it when he gets in :)
[18:34] <BlackDove> Aren't you a man yet?
IS THIS YOUR GOD!

IS IT?!?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Foolish Mortals! Are you really so naive as to not see through my cunning plan? By giving him the illusion of control I strengthen the hold of my will over him, without him even being aware of it!

Now I understand why you are LS in KOTOR. You'll never be a successful evil overlord. Leave this conversation in SHAME!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:53 pm

BlackDove
Hey, I'm not the one who needs daddy to come over and help me wipe myself after I'm done, kid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You made the list. Now in the words of the immortal Lemonhead, Shut up or I'll eat you.

Loyal minions (read: voters), ignore the ravings of this lunatic. Know that I am pledged to quash his kind, those who would stand against their god in this fashion, and am 100% committed to my vision of a world where we all live in harmony and people like that toil as slaves in the mines to keep us living in luxury. You know it's the ideal world, so believe not the lies you see before you. Thank you.

;D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:02 pm

Stracius
We need a welcome message on our front page that includes the following: "Leave sanity at door"

*watches as members flee in fear*
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:53 pm

Padishar
HAHAHAha thx,
Don't think I have ever laughed this hard voting for anything here b4.
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:30 pm

Inquisitor
21 votes, 4 days left.

We can do better than this ;)

Stop by IRC if you want to ask questions of the folks on the list.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Stracius
Keep in mind that low voter turnout could result in the election of an arbiter that may decide to find a proactive solution to the low voter turnout :p

*runs out of bubble gum*
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:12 pm

M.Steiner
Speaking of the low turnout so far, perhaps it'd be an idea for us to implement a forum mod in the future at some point that would allow us to display detailed poll results for stuff like this. Not talking about something that would show exactly who's voted for who, still keep that bit private of course - but have it display a list of forum members that have voted at the bottom of the poll results. At least that way we could see 100% just who is participating in the Arbiter polls and who isn't?
Just a thought that popped into my head. :)

Voting turnout aside, it's nice to see something more balanced this year rather than another landslide hehe.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:44 pm

BlackDove
Haha, forum mods.

Yeah.

You do realize Fahd is a fictitious character by now, right?

We're not really sure he ever existed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:26 am

M.Steiner
Yes i know, and i also know the forum feature request list never came about either. Those were the first things i considered before i suggested it, which is why i said;
SSX-MS wrote:in the future at some point
In my previous post, which means just that, just whenever it's possible for us to do. I didn't necessarily mean next week or next month.

We might not have anyone right now that's experienced with forum modding and has the free time to implement such features for us (and haven't for a very long time), but that doesn't mean we never will and even though this is the case at the moment, that doesn't mean to say the idea wasn't worth suggesting in the long run either. At least i don't think so, which is why i saw no harm in posting it anyway. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Just a reminder to everyone that the vote is due to close during the day tomorrow. If you haven't voted yet and you want to, time is running out. Get your vote in before it's too late :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:35 pm

Messiah
Looks like a nail biter. I think there is still time for a come-from-behind victory for me!
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Messiah wrote:Looks like a nail biter. I think there is still time for a come-from-behind victory for me!
Sorry to quash your hopes, but I think the vote may now be closed. We're past the 7 day mark as of a few hours ago ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:47 pm

Inquisitor
Gah, which means we have a tie...

Guess we'll have to do a showdown/deathmatch for it, Anny.

I can see two possibilkities, we either revote with just me and Anny, or, I take a break and let Anny run with it.

Lemme noodle on it, if you have an opinion, pop into IRC and be heard ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:22 pm

Zephir
Well a shame I missed the vote du to my general AFKness and rather hectic work/ family life.

I would have voted for Anny though because I think he is a natural leader and is active in a number of SSX groups, which is after all what we are about, and because it's about time some of the newer/younger members where given the somewhat dubious honour of being Arbiter.

Of course I still think Ed is a great guy and has done an amazing job both before and since the split.

Zeph.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:36 am

Lazlo Hollyfeld
dang...a tie....that's unusual especially after all 7 of us and all of our alts voted...
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:49 am

Stracius
Lazlo Hollyfeld wrote:dang...a tie....that's unusual especially after all 7 of us and all of our alts voted...
I'm sorry... I just couldn't make up my mind >.>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:51 am

Inquisitor
Well, looks like Anny got another one.

Good enough for me ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:18 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Well, since Ed seems happy to accept Zeph's tiebreaker vote despite my not minding a revote for fairness' sake it would seem I have taken it. So I figure I owe a thank you post, don't worry I won't ramble too much ;)

To be perfectly honest with you when this vote went up a week ago my expectations were a third/fourth place finish, being the newcomer to the vote and all. To say I was and am surprised as the week went on and I held the lead I gained early on is a large understatement. Surprised and honoured.

Of course, firstly my thanks have to go to those who put their trust in me by voting for me. Whatever reasons you may have had (you crazy fools :p ) I'm honoured that you'd put your support behind me for such an important position.
I also have to extend that thanks to everyone else who voted for the other candidates. I am very pleased to see such a tight race this year (and not just because I'm in it ;) ) and to see people continuing to take an interest in the voting. My thanks go to you all for supporting every one of the candidates and the election process by extension.
Also, my fellow candidates of course, including those who for whatever reason could not keep their names on the ballot. Thank you for working hard enough for this community to deserve this role - and every one of the candidates would have made and may well make in the future a splendid Arbiter I am sure. Hopefully we will see most if not all of you back on the ballot again next year :)

Now I have rambled on for too long. All that remains for me to say is to repeat what I said in the 'about me' thread. I will do my utmost to live up to the trust you've all put in me and work towards the aim of living up to the standard Inquisitor set for this role over the last three years. If anyone has a problem or just needs an ear, my door is always open either through PM, e-mail or IRC. Once again, my thanks for this honour.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:22 am

Inquisitor
We can always fire you if you screw it up ;)

On that note, I think I might go to Disney Land :)

Grats!
No signature

Return to “Members”